Just Ordered My First Tank

ReeferBoi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

My name is Tyson and I’m from Austin, TX. I’m also about to graduate from UT Austin. After having freshwater tanks for many years, I finally decided to start a saltwater tank with a new Waterbox Peninsula 25 that I ordered on their Blue Friday special. I’m looking for advice on what to put this tank on since this series doesn’t have a stand option. I was thinking about getting a solid wood or metal cabinet. What do you guys think?

HighOnReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metal would look nice and probably be more sturdy tho I have my 20 gallon on my counter and my 5 gallon sump on a narrow console table. I stained the wood with a clear coat which keeps the water from soaking into it and warping it. Good luck and welcome!

OP
OP
R

ReeferBoi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metal would look nice and probably be more sturdy tho I have my 20 gallon on my counter and my 5 gallon sump on a narrow console table. I stained the wood with a clear coat which keeps the water from soaking into it and warping it. Good luck and welcome!
The clear coat is a great idea. Thank you!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
i would go with wood :)

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tyson I used an Ikea bookshelf cost me about $70 including marine ply back and SS screws

I had an ATO run on and everything got soaked
I was ecpecting the worst but been 8 weeks now all good
Everwhere I breached the "wood" for wiring/plumbing i painted it with clear concrete sealer and put a marine ply back on it with about 30SS screws it is as sloid as a rock

Doors.jpg 20201025_140207.jpg 20201025_140916.jpg

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 78 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back