7udw.gif

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

My name is Tyson and I’m from Austin, TX. I’m also about to graduate from UT Austin. After having freshwater tanks for many years, I finally decided to start a saltwater tank with a new Waterbox Peninsula 25 that I ordered on their Blue Friday special. I’m looking for advice on what to put this tank on since this series doesn’t have a stand option. I was thinking about getting a solid wood or metal cabinet. What do you guys think?
I probably wouldnt go with a wooden stand, the water could damage it. That being said i have one right now. Metal would do great, but I would cover it with something because metal can rust. I would ultimately suggest maybe like a mix of metal and thick plastic.

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

My name is Tyson and I’m from Austin, TX. I’m also about to graduate from UT Austin. After having freshwater tanks for many years, I finally decided to start a saltwater tank with a new Waterbox Peninsula 25 that I ordered on their Blue Friday special. I’m looking for advice on what to put this tank on since this series doesn’t have a stand option. I was thinking about getting a solid wood or metal cabinet. What do you guys think?

Congrats on the purchase of the waterbox, glad you joined the group,

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Welcome to Reef2Reef! Awesome place to be and be a part of! Sure someone on here will be able to answer your questions.

If you are looking for possibly some helpful videos maybe check out my YouTube channel! My PMs are always open! Let me know how you like the channel, and hope it can help out some way!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A belated welcome to the R2R community

Skeeter4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Welcome I’m a newbie myself but to be I would go with wood for anything saltwater just based on rusting issues with saltwater being so much more corrosive than fresh water

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 40 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.1%
Back