Just saw this at Peco

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2017
Messages
6,545
Reaction score
7,829
Location
Nashville TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to go to petco to get a top for my 10G QT and saw this anemone. Any idea on species and can it be saved?

F42255A5-2528-44DE-9676-4D058049D152.jpeg
 
Maybe this is a stupid question, but is there no label for the nem?

Also it doesn’t look to be in terrible condition to me.

the one petco near me which actually has a decent, albeit small, SW section doesn’t usually have the species listed for nems. Just “sea anemone” and the price
 
the one petco near me which actually has a decent, albeit small, SW section doesn’t usually have the species listed for nems. Just “sea anemone” and the price
Gotcha. My Petco does a good job with labelling, but obviously no 2 Petcos are alike.
 
With red base, it does appear as a striped LTA. they get to about 5". Moderate light and water flow
 
the one petco near me which actually has a decent, albeit small, SW section doesn’t usually have the species listed for nems. Just “sea anemone” and the price
This Petco usually doesn’t sell anemones. There were two long tentacle anemones with labels but this one look different no label.
 
It’s a cool color but I’m sure it’s bleached a little. Mouth is gapping wide open. The other two were in another tank and one was halfway through a clownfish... Uhhh
 
the one petco near me which actually has a decent, albeit small, SW section doesn’t usually have the species listed for nems. Just “sea anemone” and the price
Mine has a saltwater section as well and had an anemone as well but it did have a label for it. I think it was called a himilayan sea anemone or something along those lines. Hideous in my opinion lol. I personally would never trust anything from that store even tho I have never seen any signs of disease there ever. It’s just Petco so you never know
 
Had to go to petco to get a top for my 10G QT and saw this anemone. Any idea on species and can it be saved?

F42255A5-2528-44DE-9676-4D058049D152.jpeg
I am loathe to support them when so many franchises are careless with their stock but..... go get that Nem outta there and do your best to save it. The markings are quite beautiful.
 
I got one at our local petco, it was white but now it’s a nice mix of green and purple long tentacle. Very nice and a good price
 

Attachments

  • 4BB0B76E-28BC-42FB-9071-DD5786109AEE.jpeg
    4BB0B76E-28BC-42FB-9071-DD5786109AEE.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 102
I got one at our local petco, it was white but now it’s a nice mix of green and purple long tentacle. Very nice and a good price
Do you remember how much?
 
44$ but I got it and the clown half price because they couldn’t separate them. Lol I love a deal
A clown was in and out of this one. I might offer 50% off and tell them they are slowly killing it...
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new