Juvenile mocha clownfish

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Bluezoo is a little more expensive, but Ive never had any bad experience from them and all my fish from them are very healthy. I also use a place called NYC corals n fish or frag farm LLC, his name is Nicholas on FB. Not sure if you are in New York, he has a store there but Im in CO and communicate with him on FB. He fully QTs fish and Ive gotten really good fish from him. I actually have two coming next week from him! Ive also gotten fish from saltwaterfish.com, they are good as well. I go online for fish I cant find at my two LFS stores I trust.
This is the most recent one I got from the NYC shop. Very healthy fish

Attachments

• 216E36A7-5679-4A75-A0C1-2E0B5F0C7EEC.jpeg
    216E36A7-5679-4A75-A0C1-2E0B5F0C7EEC.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 19

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh you are not rude at all. You are saying it as it is. I have roughly about half live rock and half dead white rock. I have a filter and wave maker in my aquarium to offer enough flow. I find it hard to know without anything in it what is too strong of a current and what is not strong enough. I’m already regretting I didn’t go bigger then a 6g.
Time for an upgrade …

230gal is a nice size with little Stocking restrictions

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks :) I have one question if you don’t mind: When a tank is cycled with live rock, will the other types of rock take on the same bacteria and micro-organisms over the course of time?
yes .
They will all become live as well but how much bacteria would would depend how porous the rocks are and the surface area on and within them .

OP
OP
Miemaes

Miemaes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Bluezoo is a little more expensive, but Ive never had any bad experience from them and all my fish from them are very healthy. I also use a place called NYC corals n fish or frag farm LLC, his name is Nicholas on FB. Not sure if you are in New York, he has a store there but Im in CO and communicate with him on FB. He fully QTs fish and Ive gotten really good fish from him. I actually have two coming next week from him! Ive also gotten fish from saltwaterfish.com, they are good as well. I go online for fish I cant find at my two LFS stores I trust.
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and give me all this info. Just took a screenshot for future reference :) I’m from CO too btw

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and give me all this info. Just took a screenshot for future reference :) I’m from CO too btw
Ah cool! Are you in Colorado currently? If so I can recommend two LFS in the Denver area

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks :) I have one question if you don’t mind: When a tank is cycled with live rock, will the other types of rock take on the same bacteria and micro-organisms over the course of time?
Live rock is a filter in its self in the 90s there was a method called the Berlin method . The idea was fill your tank with the correct amount of live rock to water volume stick a couple of power heads pointing at the the live rock . Also a skimmer and that was it nice and simple. To your question yes you will get surface bacteria on the dry rock but nothing like live rock from the start imo. Also people think when there tank is cycled they can rush and put a load of fish straight in but what happens is a massive ammonia spike . Every time you put a fish in the good bacteria has to multiply to cope with the extra waste the new fish produces . I normally cycle the tank add a turbo snail and a hermit crab let them settle in. Then think of one fish purchase. When I put the first fish in if everything goes ok I wait 2 or 3 weeks before buying another fish also checking my water quality. Also you can make this hobby as expensive as you want or as basic and as cheap as you want. Yes you need the basic equipment to keep your tank running
but you don’t need the best of the best imo .
I wish you the best with salt water don’t give up is the secret to this hobby and it will all come good

Last edited:

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes this exactly over time

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried these three (dry) and frozen mysis. Yesterday he tried to eat a pellet but spat it back out. I assumed it was too large so bought the smaller variety. I don’t know it he’s a picky eater or not feeling well. Do you normally just sprinkle food on the top of the surface and your fish come get it? Or do you need to target feed?
Most people think if the food can fit in the fish's mouth it can eat it. This is not actually the case. You need to consider the size of the fish's throat.

Clownfish often come in on the extreme small side. It may be able to put a normal size pellet in its mouth but no chance it can swallow it. You need to get extra small pellet size. He will eat those after he adjusts to your tank and realizes he's hungry.

Good luck!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back