K7 V3 User Discussion Thread-Frequently Asked Questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello , everybody
If you have any questions, please post in this thread , and we will answer you one by one.

I hope all buyers and winners are willing to accept my @, and let us discuss the FAQ together!

This can help some new buyers or winners refer to it!

Thank you for adding posts to the K7 V3 FAQ thread!

FAQ for example:
https://noopsychereeflight.com/pages/frequently-asked-questions

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS​

• Q: Where is the manufacturer of Noopsyche? Can we buy directly from the manufacturer?
  • A: We are the manufacturer of noopsyche, located in China. We focus on R&D, manufacturing and production of reef lights.You can buy directly on this website: https://noopsychereeflight.com/collections/all

• Q: How many lights do I need for my reef aquarium?
  • A: (The recommended quantity is determined according to your LPS/SPS) 15"to23"L(1 140w K7V3) ; 25"to47"L(2~3 140w K7V3) ; 49"to70"L(3~4 140w K7V3) ; 71"to88"L(4~5 140w K7V3)

• Q: What carrier is used for shipping from China, and how many days does it take?
  • A: In order to ensure delivery efficiency, we have long-term cooperation with DHL or FedEx.Normal 3-5 working days DHL or FedEx express.We will choose whichever is faster

• Q: How do I know if my K7 V3 LED reef lights is under warranty?
  • A: Please contact us and provide the serial number of the K7 V3 LED reef light, if your light is still under warranty, we will notify you.

• Q: What is the life span of my K7 V3 LED reef light?
  • A: Our lights have a normal life expectancy of 35,000 hours, about 5-7 years for most customers. There are many factors that can reduce the life expectancy of the light such as the environment (humidity, moisture, salt creep, and temperature) as well as the maintenance of the light. Regular cleaning and maintenance of the light are important and if not performed, it may affect the longevity of the light.

• Q: Does deep cleaning of my K7 V3 led reef light invalidate the warranty?
  • A: Turning on your K7 V3 led reef light for deep cleaning will invalidate the warranty, and it is not necessary if you perform regular maintenance.

• Q: Should I perform regular maintenance on my K7 V3 LED reef lights?
  • A: Yes, we recommend using compressed air to clean K7 V3 LED reef lights every 2-3 months to prevent accumulation of dust and debris. Wiping the light with a dry cloth on a regular basis can also help prevent salt accumulation.

Finally,Share a video of a large SPS dominated reef aquarium:

Last edited:

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up above, you mentioned 'normal maintenance'. Can you provide details on what constitutes normal maintenance?

For the 75 watt light, can you provide me the dimensions of both the light and the AC/DC converter. I am specifically wanting to know how 'tall' the light is and if it will have the same profile in my AquaticLife hybrid set up as the 140s. Is it the same height at the 140? I am contemplating getting a single light for the center of my tank so that I can remove a bit of shadowing that I dont like.

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you sell an extension that goes from the AC/DC converter to the light itself? With where I am wanting to mount everything I'm not sure it will reach, and if it will its going to be close.
Is your socket too far away?or...

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Normal maintenance is to wipe off the external dust and water, and so on.

If there is a malfunction, please contact us to provide guidance and support, and we can check the internal parts after we agree.

The shape of the 75w K7 V3 is different with the 140w. Its neck can be bent into any shape.
1635240714236.png

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your socket too far away?or...
I'm trying to keep all of the ac/dc power converters in the same location if possible. If an extension to the light itself isn't available I can move the box to make it work. I was just curious if an extension to the light was even an option if needed.

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm trying to keep all of the ac/dc power converters in the same location if possible. If an extension to the light itself isn't available I can move the box to make it work. I was just curious if an extension to the light was even an option if needed.
Sorry, ,
You can try to put all the ac/dc power converters in the middle of tank length. Would you like to take any pictures to show how is it now? :D

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, ,
You can try to put all the ac/dc power converters in the middle of tank length. Would you like to take any pictures to show how is it now? :D
I don't have room under my stand so I put them in electronics cabinet beside the stand. If it doesn't reach for my last light I'll find somewhere to put that one power converter. I was just wanting to see if buying an extension is an option.
I'm guessing cutting the power cord in half and splicing my own piece in the middle to elongate it is strongly discouraged and would void my warranty?

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't have room under my stand so I put them in electronics cabinet beside the stand. If it doesn't reach for my last light I'll find somewhere to put that one power converter. I was just wanting to see if buying an extension is an option.
I'm guessing cutting the power cord in half and splicing my own piece in the middle to elongate it is strongly discouraged and would void my warranty?
Allowed, This will not invalidate the warranty.
You need to make sure that the added wire is suitable for the power converter if you do that ;)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m kinda hoping for a good Black Friday sale. I might buy one more light! Best endorsement I can give that I want another light!!
Right now I believe they have a 15% off stacked with a 25% off. It makes the light by itself $150 (before shipping though). I doubt you're going to see it any cheaper.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 5 for my 125g tank and if I don't win another one in one of the giveaways (maybe I should say WHEN I don't win one) I'm considering buying one more. My tank is the cheap rimmed tank with 2 center braces and I'd like to put 2 over each section.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I believe they have a 15% off stacked with a 25% off. It makes the light by itself $150 (before shipping though). I doubt you're going to see it any cheaper.
I see the 15% off. Can’t figure out the 25 stacker

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the 15% off. Can’t figure out the 25 stacker
I didn't pay attention to any details but they have it listed on one of their current giveaways. It says there is a code but I didn't see a code right off so I'm not positive how you get it. That or I just overlooked it.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't pay attention to any details but they have it listed on one of their current giveaways. It says there is a code but I didn't see a code right off so I'm not positive how you get it. That or I just overlooked it.
There it is

TX5K94G16A68

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back