Kamoer F1 vs X1 Pro

DenaliDan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what's going on with these Kamoer dosing pumps? There is not much information at all on the F1. The F1 and X1 Pro seem to have the same features just a slightly different body. Is the F1 replacing the X1 Pro or is there actually some difference in functionality? I'm trying to decide between the Kamoer and the Red Sea ReefDoser.

nothing_fancy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The F1 has a battery backup in it. These are excellent pumps especially if you need to run a single dosing pump on a controlled outlet. The stepper like the Pro-T is also great and the Fx-xtp mentioned above is probably as good as it gets. I have had to do very little maintenance on the X1 pros throughout a year and I have one that doses 24 times a day.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 of the X1 PRO 2 and so far they've been solid. 1 doses 24 times a day and the other for 12 hours during the day. Zero issues with either one so far over the last 3 months or so. The PRO 2 has the ability to maintain your programming if the power goes out. The app is easy to navigate and set up also.

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what's going on with these Kamoer dosing pumps? There is not much information at all on the F1. The F1 and X1 Pro seem to have the same features just a slightly different body. Is the F1 replacing the X1 Pro or is there actually some difference in functionality? I'm trying to decide between the Kamoer and the Red Sea ReefDoser.
When they work they work...but man using them through the next....well is the F...ing worse...to the point i sent them back and got apex DOS and hadnt looked back since. It's been a few years...so hopefully they've gotten better.

Doob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 F1’s a few weeks ago. They continually double dose at each scheduled time and it seems to be getting worse. I’ve been going back and forth with Kamoer about it but they seem clueless and I’m starting to worry that I may not get a resolution. So I recommend against buying them.

Attachments

• 40590A0A-1480-4112-916C-7E97A0243DD5.png
    40590A0A-1480-4112-916C-7E97A0243DD5.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 281E1460-F237-46F8-8FAF-C7D3D1AE8962.png
    281E1460-F237-46F8-8FAF-C7D3D1AE8962.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 112
OP
OP
D

DenaliDan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 F1’s a few weeks ago. They continually double dose at each scheduled time and it seems to be getting worse. I’ve been going back and forth with Kamoer about it but they seem clueless and I’m starting to worry that I may not get a resolution. So I recommend against buying them.

That's weird. I would really like to know how many other people have this problem.

And I still can't figure out the difference (or that their is none) between the X1 Pro and F1.

Doob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's weird. I would really like to know how many other people have this problem.

And I still can't figure out the difference (or that their is none) between the X1 Pro and F1.
I would too. I’m quite frustrated that I’m probably going to have to eat the loss and invest in something else.

one thing I noticed right away is the x1 pro isn’t controllable via Bluetooth. The f1 is wifi or Bluetooth.

OP
OP
D

DenaliDan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would too. I’m quite frustrated that I’m probably going to have to eat the loss and invest in something else.

one thing I noticed right away is the x1 pro isn’t controllable via Bluetooth. The f1 is wifi or Bluetooth.
I did just read a review on BRS that said the X1 doesn’t work with the app. Guess that is the biggest difference.

Doob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did just read a review on BRS that said the X1 doesn’t work with the app. Guess that is the biggest difference.
The x1 or thé x1 pro?
Thé x1 is the Bluetooth only version, but when I tried to buy it I was told it’s been discontinued and replaced with the f1.

OP
OP
D

DenaliDan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The x1 or thé x1 pro?
Thé x1 is the Bluetooth only version, but when I tried to buy it I was told it’s been discontinued and replaced with the f1.

What I read is that the X1 Pro does not work with the same app that is used with the F1.

spicedcrab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 4 on them and they are doing the exact same thing as yours.... i have them set to .2ml once an hour and it all loks fine in the schedule but when it pumps, it doses twice most of the time. i confirmed this by putting the test tube under the outlet and its pumping twice for every time its scheduled. it works fine if i manually dose it but the schedule randomly adds double.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not the same problem but I just bought three f1 to dose alk in 3 systems and the first one I set up doses nothing at the set time. I get an error stating the firmware and app time are out of sync when setting it up. Not sure if thats the issue but it really doesn't matter at this point. There is no way I'll stop manually dosing and keep my fingers crossed hoping these units may work.

Ganny’s Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a single F1 right now that I just purchased for my 75 gallon tank. First larger system I've had. Is the F1 only good to dose a single thing?

tuscani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a single doser for AFR.. Was leaning towards X1.. thoughts?

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using an X1 Pro T2 and have no issues with it. I am continuously dosing 2.5ml a minute of RODI water into an Avast Marine Kalk Stirrer.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using an X1 Pro T2 and have no issues with it. I am continuously dosing 2.5ml a minute of RODI water into an Avast Marine Kalk Stirrer.
Running my F1 not sure if dosing the right amount since someone said the double dosing, being busy lately and forgot to check

HappyOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the F1 is either an older model or was done as a collaboration with another company. If you check their website, (kamoeraquarium.com) it doesn't show that model but does show the X1 Pro v2. I have an X1 Pro v2 (and another on the way) and have been very pleased with its use and size. I believe it does use a different app than the previous models and that app includes all the newest products like the Reef Master SPA.

I expect many of the setup issues are due to most of these devices using 2.4Ghz wifi when most folks have routers that use both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz and switch between the two. I gave the 2.4Ghz service its own SSID and use that to connect wave pumps and dosers and have had no issues since.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back