Kamoer peristaltic pump

nly04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one bought this KCS pro pump from Amazon? It looks like the kamoer fx-stp.

here is the Kamoer FX-STP:

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The electrical connection may be different.
There is one in the lower right of the pump that's not on the FX unit.

pspatar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not buy it. Kamoer KCS PRO 2 is definitely not for aquarium. Upon power disconnection - it does not restart - you need to push physically a button on it. Imagine - you have ato or calcium reactor feeding - there was power disruption - it will not restart. Moreover you will not be able to control it via controlable socket even in manual mode as upon disconnection - it will not start feeding

pspatar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kamoer says that it can be controlled by power. So maybe I am wrong. They asked some clarification and I look forward to receving an answer from them, so maybe the above issue can be clarified and I am doing something wrong. I will update here once I receive answer from Kamoer.

pspatar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kamoer promissed to do software update for KCS Pro 2 pump in the coming days so that everyone can do ATO with switchable socket and it can be used for calcium reactor with no risk of calcium reactor disruption in case of power shortage. Once It is updated - I will update here. Their customer support is 5 out of 5, I would never expect a pump company to do software update for the custormer who has already bought their product, but they are going to do it.

pspatar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kamoer has just updated its firmware Kamoer Peristaltic Pump KCS Pro 2 to 1.0.8 version and it can be used for calcium reactor and ATO purposes. It will continue working even after power shortage. Recommend to every reef keeper

Attachments

• Untitled.mp4
    11.1 MB

David Robles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kamoer has just updated its firmware Kamoer Peristaltic Pump KCS Pro 2 to 1.0.8 version and it can be used for calcium reactor and ATO purposes. It will continue working even after power shortage. Recommend to every reef keeper
Hiii do you know if the minimum of fluid per minute is 0.5 fl oz or with this update it can be modified similar to the FX that has no minimum

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What is the difference between the kcs pro 2 and the fx-stp 2? I just ordered a couple of the kcs pro 2 and am wondering if I made the wrong choice

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My big deal was that the fx can dose 1 ml a minute whereas the kcs does a minimum of 14 ml a min. Ultimately, the KCS will dose a minimum of 5ish gallons a day unless you put this on a timer. The FX, you can dose 1/3 of a gallon a day.

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My big deal was that the fx can dose 1 ml a minute whereas the kcs does a minimum of 14 ml a min. Ultimately, the KCS will dose a minimum of 5ish gallons a day unless you put this on a timer. The FX, you can dose 1/3 of a gallon a day.
Oh I see, I’m going to be using them for a auto water change system so that shouldn’t affect that since I need higher ml/min anyway, so that’s the only difference? It is still rated for continuous duty? Thank for replying by the way

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I see, I’m going to be using them for a auto water change system so that shouldn’t affect that since I need higher ml/min anyway, so that’s the only difference? It is still rated for continuous duty? Thank for replying by the way
YW. Sorry, i really dont know much more about the KCS. I was researching and I saw the huge price discrepancy, but once I did the math on my dosing needs...I couldnt go with the KCS and I stopped reading up on it. Ultimately though..Kamoer puts out some good products. I am happy with them

reefinnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my eye on one for a few weeks. Found this thread and grabbed one. Should be here this week. Using it for a calcium reactor so the minimum of 14mL/min is fine for me. I'll report back.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my eye on one for a few weeks. Found this thread and grabbed one. Should be here this week. Using it for a calcium reactor so the minimum of 14mL/min is fine for me. I'll report back.
If you can return it, there is an open box on BRS right now for a good price

reefinnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done. Thanks for the heads up. Worked out to about the same price. Still had a BRS 10 off coupon. Of course BRS is like Costco, you walk in needing one thing, leave with 10 and spending 200 more then intended.. lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back