Keeping nems under LEDs?

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anybody keeping bubble tips or Haddoni carpets under LEDs with any success? Once I get my LEDs from Chris I'm thinking of buying my clowns a new home.

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a RBTA under LEDs for several months now. Doing quite well. Still need a pair of clowns to go with it but the nem is happy and healthy.

OP
OP
FishLipz

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a RBTA under LEDs for several months now. Doing quite well. Still need a pair of clowns to go with it but the nem is happy and healthy.

Great! Thanks for posting. You're one the major reasons I went LED. My percs currently host an elegance coral, but I figure variety is the spice of life and it couldn't hurt to give choices. How's the Bellus working out for you?

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I just finished removing all of the fish from my DT lastnight. I had a parasite outbreak and lost quite a few fish (the bellus included) and figured it would be a good time to pull all of the ones that survived, treat them in QT, and allow the DT to go fallow so I don't have any possibility of re-infection.

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx... but as far as the nem, you will be fine. I have seen carpets and BTAs kept under LEDs and they all have done fine. They actually look amazing under the blue LEDs.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the LED's are powerful enough it won't be an issue at all keeping nems.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back