Kelo AO100 owner thoughts?

gm5150

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I was wondering if anybody is using the kelo ao100 lights? If so, how do you like them? How long have you had them? How is your coral growth with them? How are the colors and shimmer?

Thanks

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have one, but my guess is you'd get great shimmer and a lot of shadows.

OP
OP
gm5150

gm5150

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.. guess I will find out soon. I ordered a couple and the wifi controller.
They are 100watt and full spectrum color and programmable ramp up, lunar cycle etc.
Should be here in a couple weeks.
If they suck, I will grab kessil 360x.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any info on how big a footprint of light they produce?

OP
OP
gm5150

gm5150

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I imagine they are same as kessil though I'm not sure. Some images from thier description.
HTB1InHIl8mWBuNkSndVq6AsApXa7.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

HTB14oZuuXGWBuNjy0Fbq6z4sXXag.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

YouTube video

OP
OP
gm5150

gm5150

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, further research say these have a 90 not 70 degree light pattern at 100watt. So these should easily produce a 24x24 type pattern and easily reach 20" depth of light penetration.

Didn't realize we are unable to edit a post afterwards? I can't edit my previous post?

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

OP
OP
gm5150

gm5150

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not my video, but found this on youtube.

OP
OP
gm5150

gm5150

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the lights today. Here is a short video, I do not have a camera filter so the blue light is a little intense. This tank is also being replaced with a 75 gallon I am in the process of building now. Currently on a 60 gallon 4 foot x 12 x 24 tall.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gm5150

gm5150

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Kessil A Series Mounting Arms work with these without zero mods as well.
Mounted on my 60 Gallon ( 75 Gallon Tank Build is coming soon ) just need to get off my butt and do the overflow plumbing lol.
20200313_152245.jpg

20200313_165148.jpg

20200313_165425.jpg

Last edited:

Pathik Poddar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are 100watt and full spectrum color and programmable ramp up, lunar cycle etc.
From where you ordered it?

matmatoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what its worth, they're actually really good lights - we've used them for years with impressive results on mixed SPS/LPS tanks.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing back this thread. I am setting up a Frag tank and wanted to find a trustworthy source to purchase one of these lights. Also for the people that bought one, what are your thoughts?

excellensephotos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here I would like to purchase 50 for a farm. Who is a legit distribution company for these lights? Thanks

Golfer2002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you like the lights. ive been contemplating on getting some for my 120gal softy tank with a couple sps and lps.. ?

Ceez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw my local LFS uses these lights. He switched from Kessil which I won't get into his reasoning. He has these on all of his tanks and his corals are healthy and happy. The shimmer is absolutely beautiful as well. They aren't hooked up to a timer, he does everything manually but his 400 gallon display is absolutely amazing. He claims to have been using these for almost 4 years now. I'm not gonna lie, I've been going there for longer than that but I never paid attention to his lights so I can't back up his claim there. I've been researching lights (and everything else lol) quite a bit and before recently had never heard of these. When I told him about the few options I've been looking at he steered me in the direction of a couple of well known higher end manufacturers that I was considering but also told me I could save quite a bit of money if I went the Kelo route. After seeing with my own eyes his coral growth and health its now definitely on my radar.

After briefly looking into these on the internet I can't find much in the way of info by people that have purchased and used these. While I won't dispute his claims I would feel much better if there was more solid info out there backing up his claims from other users.

These have all the same options as the Kessils far as I can tell for the most part. Can be daisy changed together, put on a cycle and adjusted by an app on your phone from anywhere in the world. Imo these should be standard options for any mid to high level light system and a huge plus. I inspected his and they seem well built but I want to see some data regarding par readings.

He says he can get me set up with these lights at about half the cost of comparable high end lights and his results kind of speak for themselves to a degree. I have been looking at some Radion XR30's in combination with reef Brite XHO's as my main choice but cost is definitely a prohibitive factor at almost $7k for the exact set up I want. With a set of these and reef brites I could come in right around $4k which is significant.

Another huge factor is technical support. I haven't been able to find enough on the internet about these Kelo's to see how well they're supported but I know without the shadow of a doubt the Radions and Reef Brites are. I may have to make some calls to Kelo..

Such a dilemma...first world problems lol

WaterloggedNZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but has anyone used the Wifi Controller from Aliexpress? trying to find out if I can do ramp up and downs, spectrum control etc of if it is just a wifi on/off timer.

gatsby1041

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one, awesome coral growth and spectrum. I don't have the wifi controller ($88 on aliexpress and $140 in the states) I have heard the app sucks, thoughts? I can't stand manually tuning these everyday

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back