Kenya tree advice

Camões1689

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got 2 Kenya trees right next to each other, introduced at the same time as they were attached to the same rock in previous tank. For a few days they both looked better and better as they acclimated. About 3 or 4 days ago one of them slumped and has been like this ever since. What's throwing me off is that the other looks happy (apart from yesterday when all of a sudden the happy looking just shrunk for no apparent reason in the middle of the day and a couple of hours later was back to normal).

Parameters are all within recommended range except nitrates (around the 50 mark)

I know Kenya trees are hardy and will survive a nuclear holocaust most likely. What I'm wondering is what might be causing this to educate myself. Having just started in this hobby it's fascinating to learn about the interactions of different elements of our tanks

PXL_20230513_125539237.jpg

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to post your water params when seeking advice so others can be most helpful.
You are right, they are hardy, 50 ppm nitrate likely wont bother them.
Perhaps still adjusting.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back