Kenya Tree Losing Tissue

noober

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2021
Messages
21
Reaction score
3
Location
Anaheim
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this Kenya Tree in the tank for over a month now its its been completely healthy until recently. These small holes appeared on its trunk and had some white particles in it. We cleaned it off and did a fresh water dip as recommended by our local reef store. The white particles are gone but holes got noticeably larger. Water parameters have been completely fine. Would anyone know what happened to it and how to fix it?
20220807_214521.jpg
 
I've had this Kenya Tree in the tank for over a month now its its been completely healthy until recently. These small holes appeared on its trunk and had some white particles in it. We cleaned it off and did a fresh water dip as recommended by our local reef store. The white particles are gone but holes got noticeably larger. Water parameters have been completely fine. Would anyone know what happened to it and how to fix it?
20220807_214521.jpg
It’s rotting away. Best bet is to cut clean line above the rot with a razor and replant
 
It’s rotting away. Best bet is to cut clean line above the rot with a razor and replant
This is my first attempt at corals. Do I just cut from where all the rotting has started? How would I replant it? Also, what causes the rotting? Is there anything I would need to do to the water?
 
This is my first attempt at corals. Do I just cut from where all the rotting has started? How would I replant it? Also, what causes the rotting? Is there anything I would need to do to the water?
Cut right above it and place kenyii in rubble or in a crevice
Assure medium light and moderate water flow and that salinity isn’t elevated
 
Cut right above it and place kenyii in rubble or in a crevice
Assure medium light and moderate water flow and that salinity isn’t elevated
When you say cut right above, I'll cut right above where the holes have formed? Also, my salinity is at 1.026. Is that alright or do I have to drop it a bit?
 
When you say cut right above, I'll cut right above where the holes have formed? Also, my salinity is at 1.026. Is that alright or do I have to drop it a bit?
Mine at 1.025 but should be fine
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new