Kessil A160WE on a Pico - is it overkill?

anddak

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2020
Messages
98
Reaction score
40
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

So I had this idea of converting a 5g (25x25x30cm not sure in inches) dennerle to an AIO to keep some LPS like hammer, blasto, acans and some shrooms.

I am trying to stay as low budget as possible, so hunting around for used lights. I have this rare opportunity of picking up a Kessil A160WE with a controller literally cheaper than a standalone A80 when new.

The original plan was to look for an A80 as used as that should suffice, but I don’t want to pass this deal, however.. I am wondering would the 160WE be overkill for the above?

thank you!
 
just put it on 1% and you will do great!
Actually, you will have to turn it low
 
just put it on 1% and you will do great!
Actually, you will have to turn it low

Haha, yeah - I expected - but how low? Is the lowest possible would be ok or its just simply too powerful? Never had kessils so not sure how adjustable they are.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new