Kessil A360x and Apex compatibility

Reefacist

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2020
Messages
437
Reaction score
311
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have been doing a lot of research for my build and after all that I have decided to go with the kessil a360x with my aquatic life hybrid. There is one BIG problem now. I have already spent thousands on apex and will not buy a light that can not be controlled with the apex.

kessil or anyone else can you guys confirm when or if kessil a360x models will be compatible with apex?
 
It cannot be controlled via Apex. You have to use either the manual knobs, WiFi module or the Spectral X controller.
 
APEX Compatibility is something that we have planned for the X series lights (A360X / AP9X). We'll share more details as we get closer to a launch date for that capability.
 
When is launch date if you don’t mind giving some reference please.

Setting up another system and I wanted to do LEDs. But I cannot wait for a year if that’s the time frame you guys have in mind.

Anything you can share?
 
APEX Compatibility is something that we have planned for the X series lights (A360X / AP9X). We'll share more details as we get closer to a launch date for that capability.
Can we please get a date or at least the month that you guys are planning to launch? I already bought the kessils but haven’t put them up yet. Thank you
 
Would that be the solution for it?
Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 11.34.30 PM.png

Adapter USB 2.0 Type-C male to RJ45 plug​

 
Would that be the solution for it?
Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 11.34.30 PM.png

Adapter USB 2.0 Type-C male to RJ45 plug​

Saw this on Facebook, but I'll respond here too!

Unfortunately, this won't work. It's not just the connector that's different - the X series lights use a completely different programming language than the 0-10v lights do, so even if a 0-10v signal was sent, the X series lights would have no way to "understand" the signal they're receiving.

We are actively working with Neptune at this point on APEX compatibility via the WiFi dongle - No hard release date at this point, but know we are working on it.
 
I would gladly pay for a “KCM” (Kessil Control Module) for APEX.

That said, I would rather you take the time to get it right and with a full feature set than some half-baked solution that doesn’t leverage the power of both systems.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new