Kessil A360x and Apex compatibility

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have been doing a lot of research for my build and after all that I have decided to go with the kessil a360x with my aquatic life hybrid. There is one BIG problem now. I have already spent thousands on apex and will not buy a light that can not be controlled with the apex.

kessil or anyone else can you guys confirm when or if kessil a360x models will be compatible with apex?

Reefelite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It cannot be controlled via Apex. You have to use either the manual knobs, WiFi module or the Spectral X controller.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
APEX Compatibility is something that we have planned for the X series lights (A360X / AP9X). We'll share more details as we get closer to a launch date for that capability.

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When is launch date if you don’t mind giving some reference please.

Setting up another system and I wanted to do LEDs. But I cannot wait for a year if that’s the time frame you guys have in mind.

Anything you can share?

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
APEX Compatibility is something that we have planned for the X series lights (A360X / AP9X). We'll share more details as we get closer to a launch date for that capability.
Can we please get a date or at least the month that you guys are planning to launch? I already bought the kessils but haven’t put them up yet. Thank you

ConectadoNZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would that be the solution for it?
Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 11.34.30 PM.png

Adapter USB 2.0 Type-C male to RJ45 plug​

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would that be the solution for it?
Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 11.34.30 PM.png

Adapter USB 2.0 Type-C male to RJ45 plug​

Saw this on Facebook, but I'll respond here too!

Unfortunately, this won't work. It's not just the connector that's different - the X series lights use a completely different programming language than the 0-10v lights do, so even if a 0-10v signal was sent, the X series lights would have no way to "understand" the signal they're receiving.

We are actively working with Neptune at this point on APEX compatibility via the WiFi dongle - No hard release date at this point, but know we are working on it.

Roosterjack

Struttin’ and Cluckin’
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would gladly pay for a “KCM” (Kessil Control Module) for APEX.

That said, I would rather you take the time to get it right and with a full feature set than some half-baked solution that doesn’t leverage the power of both systems.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back