Kessil A360x problem

c-horse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaching out to Kessil A360x users, mine randomly shutdown and once I unplug and plug it back in it power up just fine most of the time. Some times I would need to wait a few minutes before plugin it back in. Did any one encounter the same problem?

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the voltage of the power supply. I have the same problem on my 360we, I know it is a little over a year old and different model. The voltage should be 19v, when this happens the voltage will be down to 9v. I have a new power supply coming today.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Email Kessil directly and they'll help out, especially if it's still under warranty (they still help if not, so don't worry). There's a built in safety relay between the light and the power supply, so if the power supply loses power or the light senses unsafe power/voltage, the light won't power back on (could be irregular incoming voltage) to prevent a power surge/frying the electronics. Try unplugging the power supply, then unplug the the power cable to the light, wait a minute, then plug everything back in. Also, are you cleaning (blowing out with compressed air) the light? They will shut down if too hot.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaching out to Kessil A360x users, mine randomly shutdown and once I unplug and plug it back in it power up just fine most of the time. Some times I would need to wait a few minutes before plugin it back in. Did any one encounter the same problem?
This sounds like an overheating or a short - can you email us some specifics? How this happens, if it happens at a specific time in your schedule, how you get it to come back on, and the serial number of the lamp? [email protected].

We'll get you taken care of from there!

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you find a solution to this? One of my A360's just started to do the same thing.

-TIm
This sounds like an overheating or a short - can you email us some specifics? How this happens, if it happens at a specific time in your schedule, how you get it to come back on, and the serial number of the lamp? [email protected].

We'll get you taken care of from there!

OP
OP
c-horse

c-horse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tim,

Since my warranty expired, I followed Kessil instruction to do a deep clean, but that did not help at all. I got a new power 19 v power supply meant for medical equipment made in the USA, but that did not solve the problem. The only option now is to take up Kessil's offer to ship it to them, and have them look at it, or buy a new one with a $100 discount. The first option of having Kessil look at it, I would have to pay $100 plus shipping both ways and any cost for the replacement parts. If they determined that the lamp could not be fixed, I still have to pay $100 and shipping. This is my current situation.

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tim,

Since my warranty expired, I followed Kessil instruction to do a deep clean, but that did not help at all. I got a new power 19 v power supply meant for medical equipment made in the USA, but that did not solve the problem. The only option now is to take up Kessil's offer to ship it to them, and have them look at it, or buy a new one with a $100 discount. The first option of having Kessil look at it, I would have to pay $100 plus shipping both ways and any cost for the replacement parts. If they determined that the lamp could not be fixed, I still have to pay $100 and shipping. This is my current situation.
How about an alternative idea of a third party after warranty repair service?
Worst case, it's a no repair because the actual LED cluster is bad. But at least there is no repair attempt fee.

Here's an example of a Kessil repair: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/repairing-kessil-a360w-no-light.816590/

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had a similar issue with an old A350W. Fan died and couldn't maintain cooling. It was fairly easy to find a matching fan and solder new wire leads to it. Now its good as new!

OP
OP
c-horse

c-horse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about an alternative idea of a third party after warranty repair service?
Worst case, it's a no repair because the actual LED cluster is bad. But at least there is no repair attempt fee.

Here's an example of a Kessil repair: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/repairing-kessil-a360w-no-light.816590/
Hey Alex, thanks for pointing out that we have a third option. I take it you can repair Kessil A360x? What is your process? We send you the lamp and you will examined it for us to see if it is repairable. Then you will tell us the cost, before we decide to do it or not? Please tell us.

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Alex, thanks for pointing out that we have a third option. I take it you can repair Kessil A360x? What is your process? We send you the lamp and you will examined it for us to see if it is repairable. Then you will tell us the cost, before we decide to do it or not? Please tell us.
Sure thing. PM sent.

fergoncalves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel free to browse through my Kessil repair playlist. Chances are very good you'll find it in there.
Thank you so much! You have a great repair library for several issues.
Mine begin to flash and changing colours suddenly. I'd to know if you know what is it and if you fix this kind of problem.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back