Kessil AP700 Firmware Workaround

Yeah that’s a normal glitch according to @kessil along with 5/6 other issues. I’m just trying to see if anyone has received a beta file from Kessil that fixes these issues.

Great light but the firmware is horrible. If they cleared the AP700 for sale and distribution at $900, I can only imagine the incomplete mess that the 360X will be in if incorporating wireless functions.
 
This workaround is not working as well as it used to. It could be firmware or the phone's OS, I don't know and at this point I don't care, its just amateur nonsense from a respectable company.

For such a great light at a premium price, the app and support are terrible.

It would just be really nice if I could run my custom program without it going all blue on me.

Folks, don't buy this light.
 
Their email is [email protected]

If anyone is having issues with their firmware, shoot them a descriptive email about the discrepancy and hold them accountable. Light shouldn’t been released with so many obvious glitches.

I unfortunately have the same problems with the light turning fully blue along with other light issues.


I also agree, DO NOT BUY THIS LIGHT
 
Last edited:
Their email is [email protected]

If anyone is having issues with their firmware, shoot them a descriptive email about the discrepancy and hold them accountable. Light shouldn’t been released with so many obvious glitches.

I unfortunately have the same problems with the light turning fully blue along with other light issues.


I also agree, DO NOT BUY THIS LIGHT

We've been in touch, Kessil even sent me firmware v3.5, it didn't fix it.
 
That beta firmware doesn’t address any of the problems that I’ve encountered with two different fixtures. I don’t know how they can send that out without verifying it fixed the coloring issue first.

I think I received that file a year ago. If I’m correct it’s the one you have to upload offline.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new