Kessil AP700 Firmware Workaround

WhiskyTango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone having trouble with the current Kessil AP700 firmware and iOS app, I found a workaround that will suffice until a patch is released.

Problem: After saving a lighting profile, modifications to the saved program would cause my fixture to use color temps that are not in the program.

Fix: Reset app, delete app, restart phone. Re-Install app and connect to fixture. Create lighting schedule, name program, and save ONCE. Exit app and reconnect to your home WiFi.

This is how I made my fixture run the lighting schedule I want. Any additional saved changes cause the fixture to use color temps not in the program.

I hope this helps.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone having trouble with the current Kessil AP700 firmware and iOS app, I found a workaround that will suffice until a patch is released.

Problem: After saving a lighting profile, modifications to the saved program would cause my fixture to use color temps that are not in the program.

Fix: Reset app, delete app, restart phone. Re-Install app and connect to fixture. Create lighting schedule, name program, and save ONCE. Exit app and reconnect to your home WiFi.

This is how I made my fixture run the lighting schedule I want. Any additional saved changes cause the fixture to use color temps not in the program.

I hope this helps.
Awesome! Do you mind if I share this in my Kessil Megathread? Or would you like to share it? https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/k...ing-may-be-picture-heavy.348928/#post-4342513

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick question do you have to plug the light directly to a PC to update the light itself or as long as you have the newest app version? Sorry for the dump question

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick question do you have to plug the light directly to a PC to update the light itself or as long as you have the newest app version? Sorry for the dump question
You have to download the firmware update from kessils website and then use the cord that comes with the AP700 and update it directly from PC. The updates on the app are only for the app.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much I got a used one locally and couldn't figure that out.
If you have the light, and have it connected to the app on your phone, you should be able to see the firmware that it currently has. The latest update is 3.4

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
APP Version is 3.4 but I havnt connect the Light to a PC yet
If you have the light connected to your app, you can see the firmware version right from the app :)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok sweet I will take a look at home so if the firmware isnt 3.4 just connect it directly to a PC to update correct ?
Did you find anything out?
If you still need help i took some screen shots of my light to find out what version the light is running.
Click the little i next to the light
m3AK8pCl.png

Then here it shows what firmware the light has installed
mKddvMAl.png

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rocklin Mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having an issue after 3.5 app version release? Can’t connect as the app just crashes. Performed all the hard resets/phone restarts/praying...nothing works. This app literally makes these lights worthless now.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having an issue after 3.5 app version release? Can’t connect as the app just crashes. Performed all the hard resets/phone restarts/praying...nothing works. This app literally makes these lights worthless now.
I've noticed that it takes forever to connect to my light. And when you go into manual modes even if you unlock it it goes back after about 30 seconds.

Rocklin Mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a response back from Kessil.

“We have an app update that fixes a bug occurred in the latest iOS version on certain iPhones, and it is through TestFlight (Apple’s official testing app).”

Expect an update soon for those that are still experiencing issues with 3.5.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any release notes for the upgraded app posted? I can't seem to track anything down.

Rocklin Mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any release notes for the upgraded app posted? I can't seem to track anything down.
Not many notes but 3.5 addresses the social media login issues and various other bugs. Now there is a problem with iPhone X and 8 plus WiFi connections which the new version should address.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back