Kessil AP700

K100286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep your intensity low at the beginning, 30-40%. These lights are very powerful. A lot of people have burnt and or killed corals with the ap700 by setting it too high including me. You will enjoy the light.

wasmithee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i own 2 ap700's about 7" over a reefer 450 and I'm using slight diffusers and almost hitting 70%. i can keep anything from SPS to softies under these bad boys. however, i am getting slight shadowing but thats mostly due to my choice in sand color, i chose black. so with any lighting, thats going to happen. @Mr_Banana_Pants i think you'll LOVE this light. its so easy, no bullcrap of dialing in reds, greens, yellows, uv, cool, blue, dark blue, emerald green, peacock yellow... etc.

IMG_6054.JPG

Where did you get the single arm mounts for the AP700's?

Stixlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had problems getting the to pair up. Mine constantly un pair and today I come hone and there not even on. I’m ready to sell them and go to mitras or echotechs. I have fought this for two months now and am over it. For what paid for these I could have went a different direction. Super frustrating can anyone give me some advice?

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added 2- t5's to ap700 will not necessarily needed it added another dimension no negatives only positive. Going to build a 4 ft tank (previous is. 3ft), so i am considering adding 4 t-5's for more even spread and fill in the gaps of 1 unit over 48" span. Any feedback on degree of shadowing with 1 unit over 48" tank? Will stay under 12" above tank

rioreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
drtrash, any update on the build and combining with 4 T-5's?
I am thinking about doing my 90 that way.

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did 2-t5’s with ap700 and will do 4 when I bump up to 100 gal system. I think it will be even better to fill in any shading going from a 3 ft to 4 ft tank

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still on fence on what bulbs to use to compliment kessil’s awesome blue color. Considering 2 actinic 1 blue + and 1 coral +. Currently running 2 coral + and it blends well with kessil deep blue

rioreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. Maybe get an extra b+ so you can switch out one of the actinics just in case.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still on fence on what bulbs to use to compliment kessil’s awesome blue color. Considering 2 actinic 1 blue + and 1 coral +. Currently running 2 coral + and it blends well with kessil deep blue
can you pop up a full tank shot when you get a chance? id like to see the color blending.

leefromcanada

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i own 2 ap700's about 7" over a reefer 450 and I'm using slight diffusers and almost hitting 70%. i can keep anything from SPS to softies under these bad boys. however, i am getting slight shadowing but thats mostly due to my choice in sand color, i chose black. so with any lighting, thats going to happen. @Mr_Banana_Pants i think you'll LOVE this light. its so easy, no bullcrap of dialing in reds, greens, yellows, uv, cool, blue, dark blue, emerald green, peacock yellow... etc.

IMG_6054.JPG

Does anyone know what arms are on these lights?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 57 54.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.6%
Back