Kessil App + iPhone 14 Pro not working?

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgraded my iPhone to a new 14 Pro. Kessil app wouldn’t detect my lights in the network, so I reset them and tried added them via Wi-Fi dongle. Gets to the step of connecting to the dongle’s ssid, and then just hangs forever. I ran though setup again in my older iPhone 12 and it went through that step immediately and let me finish the setup without any issues. I have tried this a few times on both phones, and in the 14 Pro it always hangs. Both are running latest iOS 16. Anyone else experienced this by chance?

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgraded my iPhone to a new 14 Pro. Kessil app wouldn’t detect my lights in the network, so I reset them and tried added them via Wi-Fi dongle. Gets to the step of connecting to the dongle’s ssid, and then just hangs forever. I ran though setup again in my older iPhone 12 and it went through that step immediately and let me finish the setup without any issues. I have tried this a few times on both phones, and in the 14 Pro it always hangs. Both are running latest iOS 16. Anyone else experienced this by chance?
Not sure which light(s) you have, but on my AP9X there is a button that has to be pressed on the light itself before it will prompt or appear for connection -- otherwise it defaults to the built in settings/buttons when no connection is set
Also, if you post which type you have @Kessil (though they are not on as frequently) or another user may have a better idea

OP
OP
anthonymckay

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure which light(s) you have, but on my AP9X there is a button that has to be pressed on the light itself before it will prompt or appear for connection -- otherwise it defaults to the built in settings/buttons when no connection is set
Also, if you post which type you have @Kessil (though they are not on as frequently) or another user may have a better idea
I have A360x's with wifi dongles. Currently they can appear and go through setup fine on any phone I have except the 14 Pro. Went through setup successfully on a 12. Went through setup on an X. Only one that it hangs during setup in the 14 Pro.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back