Kessil gooseneck for wall-mount?

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an in-wall tank, and would like to mount a kessil light from the wall, with something like a gooseneck so I can position it over the tank. The gooseneck looks like it only comes with a tank-edge adapter, but is there anything that would mount straight to the wall?

I guess I could just bend up an L bracket, mount that to the wall, and then hook the gooseneck to that like it was a tank rim. Would the gooseneck be stable sticking straight out of the wall and then into a gooseneck 90' adapter?

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on which model you are buying, it may come with a hanging ring. Then you could have a bracket come out from the wall and hang it off that. I did something similar to that with my Radions, and it works fine.

OP
OP
garbled

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone who has the gooseneck confirm that if you just straighten it out completely that it can hold the light in place parallel to the floor?

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to do this same task with my in wall. I was going to weld a flat bracket with a weldnut and mount it to the wall. The whole bracket would be about the size of a playing card with a nut welded in the center and a coupel holes to screw into a stud.

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone who has the gooseneck confirm that if you just straighten it out completely that it can hold the light in place parallel to the floor?
I use the gooseneck mount for the kessil tuna flora in my sump and it would have no problem holding it straight out. It’s pretty sturdy and stiff.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 53 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back