Kessil LED vs Halide T5

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, the rainbow monti that went under the halides looked better than the LED monti before the experiment even started. Both look better now than before; sort of accentuated the variations that were already there in the individual frags.

Is it ok that I find both appealing, viable options?

T5/Halide Before:
boom-5315-jpg.598172

T5/Halide After:
boom-0130-jpg.618079

LED Before:
boom-5324-jpg.598175

LED After:
boom-0127-jpg.618075

[img]

Yea like weights before and after... ;)

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest update. I had a kessil light burn out on me. Waiting for a replacement. In the meantime I put the sbreef light over the LED tank for now.

In addition I ordered a T5 ATI fixture to replace the halide T5 giesemann (selling it) since the T5 frag tank is keeping up with the T5 halide. The giesemann is great for a display tank. But the T5 is perfect for frag tanks.

My fixture was supposed to arrive today UPS ground. But of course, because UPS is terrible it went from on delivery truck to rescheduled “due to operating conditions”. Even more incompetent is that fact I had four UPS ground packages coming today. Two were delivered and it appears the UPS driver was in such a hurry he forgot the other two (one of them being my ATI). Oh but it’s “operating conditions “. And this is why I use fedex for my business. :p

Fitzreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt, Sorry to hear about your troubles. I run a DC for pharmaceuticals in the US...one of the biggest manufacturers. Anyway. We have used both FE and UPS. They both can suck one day and be amazing the next. IME it all comes down to people, weather, packaging quality. There's lots of each of these variables in the parcel business regardless of which carrier.

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt, Sorry to hear about your troubles. I run a DC for pharmaceuticals in the US...one of the biggest manufacturers. Anyway. We have used both FE and UPS. They both can suck one day and be amazing the next. IME it all comes down to people, weather, packaging quality. There's lots of each of these variables in the parcel business regardless of which carrier.
Well for my business fedex is definitely superior for express shipping. But that's because express doesn't get mixed with ground like ups does. Express has their own trucks, planes, path, etc from pickup to drop off. I think this is key for FedEx success on express packages. 40% of my ups overnight packages are delayed. FedEx overnight is about 1% so far.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest update. I had a kessil light burn out on me. Waiting for a replacement. In the meantime I put the sbreef light over the LED tank for now.

In addition I ordered a T5 ATI fixture to replace the halide T5 giesemann (selling it) since the T5 frag tank is keeping up with the T5 halide. The giesemann is great for a display tank. But the T5 is perfect for frag tanks.

My fixture was supposed to arrive today UPS ground. But of course, because UPS is terrible it went from on delivery truck to rescheduled “due to operating conditions”. Even more incompetent is that fact I had four UPS ground packages coming today. Two were delivered and it appears the UPS driver was in such a hurry he forgot the other two (one of them being my ATI). Oh but it’s “operating conditions “. And this is why I use fedex for my business. :p
I ordered a black angler from Live Aquaria Divers Den this summer. Apparently the UPS truck got in an accident on the way to the airport and the overnight delivery turned into 2+ days. I still feel bad for screaming at the UPS girl at the call center.

Anyway, the water temp in the box was 60 degrees when I got it. I acclimated anyway and he was still alive, but died 2 days later. I got my money back, but as you guys know that isn't what we want. We want a healthy fish. So yes, UPS sucks.

I ordered live grass feeder shrimp, they got shipped USPS priority. Well, USPS tore the box and figured that it was better to let the box sit on their counter for 3 days then put a sorry sticker on it, than to keep shipping it along. I ordered 100 shrimp, I probably got 25. So yes, USPS sucks.

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just annoying that he would give me two of the four boxes. And the other two just be lazy and not deliver them after he realized his mistake.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well for my business fedex is definitely superior for express shipping. But that's because express doesn't get mixed with ground like ups does. Express has their own trucks, planes, path, etc from pickup to drop off. I think this is key for FedEx success on express packages. 40% of my ups overnight packages are delayed. FedEx overnight is about 1% so far.
Except some of those FedEx drivers play hacky sack with the boxes before they deliver them. ;) (I know, I know, I had exceptionally rough handling FedEx folks.) Fast? Yes. Careful? Not by any stretch of the imagination.

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except some of those FedEx drivers play hacky sack with the boxes before they deliver them. ;) (I know, I know, I had exceptionally rough handling FedEx folks.) Fast? Yes. Careful? Not by any stretch of the imagination.
In your case I’m convinced your driver hates you lol!

Fitzreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I def think each of the carriers can rate differently by ship to / ship from location. We had FE air and Gnd diverting our controlled substances at one point. FBI even busted a guy in Tuscaloosa. Shipments were also diverted right at origin in Philly. We shifted to UPS. On the other hand I had UPS mishandling almost all of my 2-8 C shipments to the Manhattan area. Gel packs would be busted open. Now we are back to FE on volume price discounts alone.

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh also this is actually the 2nd delay for these packages from ups. Original delivery was supposed to be Monday. But was delayed to today. And now delayed again lol. I might never receive them. :p

Fitzreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever visit the Fed Ex sort facility in Memphis, like I did, you will see a huge sort system that consists of a huge slanted plate that boxes come flying down. All for the purpose of FE employees to pick up the boxes and place them on outgoing conveyors with the tracking barcodes facing up for scanning. I saw many a package in just the few minutes viewing that area meet their demise. Dense heavy boxes come down and slam into less dense boxes....like hey styrofoam boxes with livestock in them. I presume this is not much diff than UPS. Not to mention the variables of sophistication of automation various local sort facilities. I worked at a local UPS sort that was pretty rough, and still is. This is why I specify min of 200 Mullen burst rating for anything leaving my DC via parcel. 275 Mullen burst for anything more delicate.

Fitzreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and we were there in the summer. It was mid 90s and humid. Well it was mid 90s and humid in the middle of the sort facility at 11 pm. They have open screens in the upper part of the facility exposing the facility with outside air, so I assume cold in the winter too.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back