Kessil LEDs, Intensity and PAR

bigjgmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad somebody finally posted some par readings for a160we’s
I've only been into reefing for the past year and have graduated from Current Loop light strips to Kessils after about two months. The Kessils were obvioulsy far superior and my corals took off. I've upgraded tanks from my 38 bowfront to a Waterbox FRAG 105 and put Kessil A360 lights on that. While I've never used anything else, the lights are great, the corals seem happy (or at least growing and colorful). They couldn't be simpler to use and are highly effective - how an you beat that? (Well, make them cheaper...)

erdrick80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is interested, (@Dana Riddle) I took a series of PAR readings on my 38 gallon bowfront. I'm running two Kessil A160WE Tuna Blue lights. Readings were taken at 50% color and 100% intensity. The tank is also full of rockwork, has an overflow box, and a 2" reinforcing strut along the top of the tank running front to back.

All in all, pretty good numbers - I'm pleased. I can definitely grow SPS in here.

Kessil A160 WE PAR 38 Gal Bowfront.jpg

Thank you for taking your time on this. It's exactly what I was looking for, and gave me a better idea of where I'm at on my shallow 24X24X12 30gal tank.
Thank you, thank you!

And yes! Like previously stated. FINALLY some real A160WE results, you don't know how hard it is to find anything on this lights regarding par.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back