Kessil or Radion?

Callesjp11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am exploring potential options for my new tank: 31.5" x 19.5" x 14.5".

I will be transferring all my corals( mostly LPS & softies) from my current tank.

I am debating between Kessil´s AP9X or Radion XR15 G6.

Any advice is appreciated.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think that is up to you ppl are just going to tell you what they like i have kessil's and mh over my tank and love it lol

OP
OP
C

Callesjp11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think that is up to you ppl are just going to tell you what they like i have kessil's and mh over my tank and love it lol
Yep, I totally agree with you. I think my post wasn't clear. It's not about which brand is better; what I was trying to ask is which one everyone thinks would be better for a tank with my dimensions and livestock.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pick one that gives the spread you want i like shimmer and could never switch back to radion they were to bla for me in the light they put out . i find kessil to be crisp light

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Kessil or Reefi Uno (two). All of these will grow and color coral just fine, pick what you like. I think people get hung up on branding and don't actually pay attention to what they are lighting. Rock scape, animals and the overall setup will determine what you can use. Some lights/fixtures are more flexible with how they are used or how they distribute light, but in the end, they all do the same job.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Kessil AP9X have better shimmer and also grow SPS. Radion color looks better. We have combined the best of both brands.. The spread of two K7 PRO III are no less than that of one XR30 or one AP9X. There is a saying that three Lieutenant equivalent to one captain

Tahiti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get a pair of used G5 XR15's with an RMS mount for the cost of 1 Kessil AP9X. Save yourself some money and get more spread and color. :)

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Regardless of what LED fixtures you use, you'll need to overlap them for acropora. This goes for any fixture that's not a large panel style like the Orphek, etc... With a mixed reef, you have more room to play with and less overlapping of the fixtures. Also, shadows or low light areas are not a bad thing, just check out a natural reef.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back