KESSIL VS MARSAQUA

Isabella rubalcaba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all !!! So, i have been wanting to upgrade my tank's lughting as mentioned on my last thread. Thing is i'm on a tight budget !!! I run a 60 gallon tank that is about 4 feet wide & 2 feet deep, about just over a foot wide ... although kessils are great, they arent budget friendly as we all know. For a healthy lighting set up on my tank i would spend close to $1000 !!! So im leaning more towards marsaqua's chinese LED boxes .. thoughts ? Opinions ?? I know marsaqua wont catch up to kessils uncut quality BUT since i am working on a budget, what do you guys think ??? Maybe getting two marsaqua ?? Wanna grow LPS & SPS Let me know !!!

Crswogger3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mars aqua all the way you better grow better Color more light for your money

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the mars units and I'm very happy with them. I did mod them by changing some of the diodes out, based on the sb reeflights layout for color. But before I did this, they still were growing my SPS and LPS very well.

I'd buy them again for sure.

sneub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Kessils, zero disco ball effect and great shimmer as you would see when snorkeling. The Mars seem to good lights.

OP
OP
Isabella rubalcaba

Isabella rubalcaba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Kessils, zero disco ball effect and great shimmer as you would see when snorkeling. The Mars seem to good lights.
I use the mars units and I'm very happy with them. I did mod them by changing some of the diodes out, based on the sb reeflights layout for color. But before I did this, they still were growing my SPS and LPS very well.

I'd buy them again for sure.
Mars aqua all the way you better grow better Color more light for your money
Thanks ALOT guys ! And well no doubt kessils are amazing !!! If the budget allowed i'd totally go for it !! .. well, i placed my order dor two 165 watt mars aquas .. crossing my fingers it works !!! Another thing, im gonna attempt a DYI stand for the lights !!!! Ant tips !? Gonna ask my brother to help me out i dont know much on the matter. Thanks !

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at SBReeflights. Two year warranty. USA sallee with a brick and mortar in Florida. Lots of YouTube videos.
IMO better spectrum. Comparable prices.
Either two 16" black boxes, or a 30 or 32 on a tank that size.

There's a few threads here on SB.

pga7602

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tossing out one more option.... my wife uses the galaxy hydro on amazon. Its the same as a mars aqua, but the spectrum is made more for reefing. ( has UV diodes and a bit more RB) price is off by a few dollars and you get amazon warranty.

Mike.kel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can light that size tank with 2x a360w lights. Mounted close to the water or 2x a360n mounted high.

My tank is 5x2x2. I can cover my tank with that combo but I don't like the slight shading that happens however if it was your tanks size it would be no problem at all

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back