KH Carer Review and Experience

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes got hold of Kamoer with Digi Talk was determined my machine is messed up. They think with update firmware it didn't complete fully. Anyway they told me to tell Coralvue to send me new unit. Coralvue customer service is really bad.

Yes, new update APP and Machine. There is still some bugs though in app

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes got hold of Kamoer with Digi Talk was determined my machine is messed up. They think with update firmware it didn't complete fully. Anyway they told me to tell Coralvue to send me new unit. Coralvue customer service is really bad.

Yes, new update APP and Machine. There is still some bugs though in app

ya.. the app is buggy.. but im happy now.. im getting consistent results..

Hannah Alk; 8.4
Carer: 8.45

Hydros Ph: 8.13
Carer: 8.18

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I got new unit and still not working. I am thinking has to be reagent. How to test reagent? Dont you use salifert or something?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I got new unit and still not working. I am thinking has to be reagent. How to test reagent? Dont you use salifert or something?
You can use the pH probe on the KH Carer to see if it is good enough to use. It is in Settings -> Maintain -> Availability of "KH Test Reagent" in the menus.

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is it supposed to be 9? I am getting 9.26 and unavailable which I am assuming too much water I added.

I added 889ml (Ro Water) to 111ML Acid..

Last edited:

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't remember exactly but I think it is around 9.15. I got a syringe and added acid .1ml at a time mixed it and let the probe sit for a couple of minutes and retested. I can check mine when I get home and see what it measures. I am at work currently.

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't remember exactly but I think it is around 9.15. I got a syringe and added acid .1ml at a time mixed it and let the probe sit for a couple of minutes and retested. I can check mine when I get home and see what it measures. I am at work currently.
ok, thanks.

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got it working now. The calibration fluid that came with unit didnt work correctly and the reagent they supply is obviously wrong. I recalibrated using Pinpoint packets and now doing test. Thanks

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got it working now. The calibration fluid that came with unit didnt work correctly and the reagent they supply is obviously wrong. I recalibrated using Pinpoint packets and now doing test. Thanks
I checked when I got home and here is what I got on mine.

IMG_9601.png

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine was 8.97. The calibration fluid that came with it, I am guessing no good. Also, the reagent says 980G to 20ml. What acid you use? And dilution ratio? I used Coralvue after at 8:1 ratio and worked after I recalibrated ph probe. I wish away to test PH probe accuracy. Maybe a feature request? Example if you put it in 7.0 calibration fluid should be close to 7 or something is wrong.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine was 8.97. The calibration fluid that came with it, I am guessing no good. Also, the reagent says 980G to 20ml. What acid you use? And dilution ratio? I used Coralvue after at 8:1 ratio and worked after I recalibrated ph probe. I wish away to test PH probe accuracy. Maybe a feature request? Example if you put it in 7.0 calibration fluid should be close to 7 or something is wrong.
I use the CoralVue at 8 to 1 also. The pH reading is going to be about .15 low since it is sitting in low pH until the next reading. Mine has always read low. If you calibrate both probes at the same time you may get it around .1 difference. The Hydros alkalinity test drains and refills and stirs after the test to keep it closer to the realtime pH. It is usually within .02 of it.

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched out the PH probe to a Milwaukee probe. the unit has been working flawlessly for me and my ph reads within .3+- of my tank probe. ;-) this has finally become a solid unit for me

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Milwaukee probe where you get it? Not sure which one to get. I was thinking same thing replacing ph probe.

I see two probes MA911B and SE220 from Milwaukee.

Last edited:

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use reference fluid to check accuracy? If so what you add 50ML and take saltwater in out, I am guessing wait till after it rinses to add fluid. I don't think though you need 50ML to test though.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those tho got the tubing fix and fw update. What are your “current firmware” and “firmware” versions on the last page? Next to the khc icon

Constantin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I'm considering to buy this gadget and was wondering If there are any news. Especially more of a recommendation or general review rather than technical details. Anyone ready to give me a "rather dont buy" or "I can recommend it but" or so?

Thank you so much!
Best, Constantin

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had mine about a week, loving it so far. Just get new reagent and some Milwaukee 4 and 7 to get your ph probe calibrated, the solutions shipped with mine were expired

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a used unit, freshly upgraded with the nozzle upgrade kit, available in the marketplace if anyone needs one.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back