KH Carer Review and Experience

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, i recalibrated everything again moved the reagent so line is more straight. Started test at 8:35. How long should test take between percentages? Any idea? This is so frustrating... it now at 14 percent and not moving from that point. I dont get what is up with this...

Last edited:

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When is percentage supposed to move during test? Curious. Its at 19 percentage hasnt moved for like 20 min and DKH 6.18. I think will bring back to Coralvue something seems very wrong with this unit.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When is percentage supposed to move during test? Curious. Its at 19 percentage hasnt moved for like 20 min and DKH 6.18. I think will bring back to Coralvue something seems very wrong with this unit.
Mine has taken a little over 30 minutes but that was when I had it doing 3 rinses. I would think there is an issue if it goes that long. Have you tried powering it down and powering it back up to see if that will fix it.

sevitz5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo I’m confusing myself. The reagent concentrate you buy….is it .1N sulfuric acid, or .01N? I’m asking about the concentrate BEFORE I dilute 8x

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I contacted Coralvue and they said I need a firmware update that only KAMOER can do since I have new tubing that is supposed to be in the newer models. Any idea how I contact KAMOER?

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through this recently. Have you updated the firmware to the current one? I am on ver EN 3.5.02. Seems to be working now.
Apparently, there is a new version that KAMOER can only update. If you have a older machine and added the new hose you need this update. That is what I was told. Supposedly, they updating my unit tonight.

sevitz5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently, there is a new version that KAMOER can only update. If you have an older machine and added the new hose you need this update. That is what I was told. Supposedly, they updating my unit tonight.
Do you have a contact? My tubing upgrade will be here tomorrow and they said I need to contact Kamoer for the update

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I don't have the contact. I will try and find out. The firmware I got now is EN-3.5.02 version 1.1.1. According to coralvue this is the update. However, my unit will not goes past 19 percent since this update! BEWARE!!! not sure if anyone else experiencing this on the tubing upgrade. I would guess need to contact Coralvue. However, the firmware I was able to get by pushing update.. Again though ever since my unit will not go past 19

sevitz5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the firmware mine has, but Coralvue tech told me that once I change out the tubes, don’t use it until Kamoer pushes an update to it ‍♂️

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the firmware mine has, but Coralvue tech told me that once I change out the tubes, don’t use it until Kamoer pushes an update to it ‍♂️
Yes, I was told that as well. I dont know but I am hoping to find out.. if you do let me know

a.ocellaris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone notice that the magnet wasn’t spinning after the reagent gets added? I believe this could be leading to a test error. I had to up the stir rate to 50%.

sevitz5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone notice that the magnet wasn’t spinning after the reagent gets added? I believe this could be leading to a test error. I had to up the stir rate to 50%.
My waits a bit while reagent is added, then spins up. It turns on and off several times during the process. Maybe you happened to catch it during one of those times?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 8.7%
Back