KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are available since a few weeks in US and all existing US stock had been updated. New shipments where all with new caps.
Fantastic!

I'm not sure this has been well communicated here. I hope you don't mind if I create a new thread in the GHL section of the forum and quote you that this should be the case.

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kodo28,
I don't know if the covers you show on the picture are the newest version, maybe you got an itermediate version or the new version was just not available when you contacted us, I don't know.

However, when the doser heads had been repaired the measurements should be perfect again. No erratic readings.

So I see 2 issues: not new version covers and erratic measurements. Do you have a support ticket open? If yes - please let us continue the support there.
If not - why posting here instead of getting in touch with us directly?

-> please contact us, this will be sorted out quickly

PS: "GHL needs to really take this issue seriously." What makes you think we don't take this seriously? We took it extremely serious and invested a lot of research in testing to find out the reason for the problem and invested a lot in testing different material compositions. We made long time tests (3 weeks running dosers nonstop at full speed - which is actually not according to specification - with no problems at all!)
I think it has been fixed now, you should give us the chance to proof this with trying the newest cover version.

Hi Matthias,

The covers that I received seems to be the new ones (small dot on the inside) as per the PDF available on official forum.
https://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11200&d=1541667573

The ticket number concerning the covers is the 545 which is actually close
(opened on 03 Dec).

I really appreciate all your efforts on this but when we are told that the issue is now fixed and a week after of use they look like on the pictures below you must agree that we can have some questions in mind.

Not sure what is the real problem if the covers or the rollers wear on my case.

Please let me know if I should reopen a new ticket or use the closed one.

Last edited:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So who actually has these new covers in stock?
Everyone
In the event you should really get a doser with an older version cover (because it is not under our control how much "old" stock a dealer has) and this is causing trouble you will receive a free replacement, of course.

But usually there is not much stock, the dosers are quite good selling and the dealers order regularly, usually weekly or after a concrete customer order.

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Matthias,

The covers that I received seems to be the new ones (small dot on the inside) as per the PDF available on official forum.
https://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11200&d=1541667573

The ticket number concerning the covers is the 545 which is actually close
(opened on 03 Dec).

I really appreciate all your efforts on this but when we are told that the issue is now fixed and a week after of use they look like on the pictures below you must agree that we can have some questions in mind.

Not sure what is the real problem if the covers or the rollers wear on my case.

Please let me know if I should reopen a new ticket or use the closed one.

I reopened you ticket.

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reopened you ticket.

OK, and coming back to this ticket. Yes, it was closed. But the last customer reply was

Hello Jessica,
New covers have been received :) I would like to thank you for your support and the fast shipping.
Best regards
Pascal

How should we know that the customer has still problems, how could we help here?
I recommend first contact us and let us help before starting discussions in public forums without giving us a chance to fix a problem.

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Matthias,

Ticket was closed by me because the covers were well received and I was told that I should not face the issue anymore.

Reason why I closed the ticket on 12/07 just after receiving the covers. Or should I have tested the covers before closing the ticket ? o_O

But since then, I was facing erratic reading and not understanding why until yesterday when I saw the post of Lawrence about new covers I decided to check the new covers and found them as shown on the picture.

Ticket is now back to you.

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately, i having issue to log into the cloud to check my KH data starting on 12/24 till now (my KHD is standalone unit), anyone here is having the same issue?
I am been using it for past 4 months without much issue....

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately, i having issue to log into the cloud to check my KH data starting on 12/24 till now (my KHD is standalone unit), anyone here is having the same issue?
I am been using it for past 4 months without much issue....
I did have trouble for a day or so (last week) connecting via the App and myGHL.com. I removed and re-added the doser/KHD in the app and it's been working fine since. I just re-checked myGHL and it's still broke, guess I need to redo that also maybe

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did have trouble for a day or so (last week) connecting via the App and myGHL.com. I removed and re-added the doser/KHD in the app and it's been working fine since. I just re-checked myGHL and it's still broke, guess I need to redo that also maybe
thanks for the tips, do u know what is the reason of this issue? i thought they are doing maintenance on the server during the holiday period....but it seems not the case.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the tips, do u know what is the reason of this issue? i thought they are doing maintenance on the server during the holiday period....but it seems not the case.
Well actually when I look back at my logs, it was in fact on 12/24 that I didn't get any measurements (Monday seems so long ago). So maybe there was something going on. Anyone else have issues this week with myGHL?

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well actually when I look back at my logs, it was in fact on 12/24 that I didn't get any measurements (Monday seems so long ago). So maybe there was something going on. Anyone else have issues this week with myGHL?

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dragon999, yes i could not log in since 12/24 too. I try to remove the KHD from my app, i can't do. How u able to do it? Is it using the PC software or the phone app?

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But those people who is connecting their KHD with profilux4, has no issue with it. Only KHD standalone unit having this issue.

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But those people who is connecting their KHD with profilux4, has no issue with it. Only KHD standalone unit having this issue.
It seems like the issue is happening with my ghl cloud and the s.a. device. It happen to a lot of users after 12/21-24 as well.

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have had issues with my stand alone unit. Yesterday I hooked up via usb and found that my static IP address had changed. I fix d and could log in after. 2nd attempt through the app it didn’t work again, tried a third time and it let me in. Now every time I open the app and try to log in it rejects my first attempt but accepts the second.

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have had issues with my stand alone unit. Yesterday I hooked up via usb and found that my static IP address had changed. I fix d and could log in after. 2nd attempt through the app it didn’t work again, tried a third time and it let me in. Now every time I open the app and try to log in it rejects my first attempt but accepts the second.
how to fix the static IP address? thought it is changing. I am just using the automatic setup for this. Do u need to reinstall the app or remove/add the KHD again in the app? tell me more details how u solve it? Thanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back