Kieran's new Irish reef upgrade

Kieran McBride

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the latest on my upgrade, can admit put it in the right department please?

OP
OP
K

Kieran McBride

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today was arrival day. Tank and sump installed and plumbed, filled with NSW, return pump & heaters running, Seneye connected, frag section light installed, a couple of Nero 5's running, pre filter floss in place so now just wait until up to temperature. Tested Ph and salinity and both perfect so a great sign so far. A huge thanks to the guys for helping with the lift, I couldn't have done it without you, some frags for you all when I get sorted!!! and a massive shout out to Jimmy from Seahorse Aquariums in Dublin,
install1.jpg
install2.jpg
install3.jpg
install4.jpg
install5.jpg
install6.jpg
install7.jpg
a gentleman and a scholar, first class build, install and setup so thanks so much Jimmy!!!

OP
OP
K

Kieran McBride

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that tank has been filled and after bringing the new tanks parameters in line with the old tanks parameters, I connected my new and old tank together. I allowed to circulate for two days constantly checking parameters and checking livestock. My existing system consisted of a 4x2x2 with 5x2x1 frag tank. Seeing everything was happy, I started the transfer of stock and equipment over. I transferred frags from the existing frag tank to the frag section of the new system. This gave me room to move colonies and frags from display into the frag tank temporarily. Once that had been done, I started to move over the live rock and completed a scape. After 10 long hours I had moved and mounted all frags and colonies over to the new tank display and had equipment cleaned and installed. Next day after everything had settled, everything looked great and had one casualty of a Millepora and at the minute sign of stn on an Acropora although it seems to have stopped in it's tracks. I have been very lucky to date, all the planning paid off and everything couldn't have went any smoother (they do say, failure to prepare is preparing to fail). As I had to wait until tank was filled and water level was established, I ordered the pelmet to size and fitted it a few days later. All in all I'm delighted with the new system and having that extra width has made a far bigger improvement than I ever imagined. The tank looks 3D'ish now with the added depth, I would definitely recommend a custom build with added depth to every reefer, it does make all the difference. Thanks for watching guys!!
newb3.jpg
newb4.jpg
newb5.jpg
newb1.jpg
newb2.jpg
newb6.jpg
tankpelmet.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back