OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pee on your hand. what’s your BP? Any urchins? There’s a few that would do that like the fire urchin and another. Both pretty. Zoas affect your heart too.
No urchins! Tried two and they both died on me, so I didnt get another since they dont seem to like my tank!

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its few but some of us here are medical certified
Did you mean to say medically certifiable? I have no idea if that’s what you meant or not. Just curious.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Did you mean to say medically certifiable? I have no idea if that’s what you meant or not. Just curious.
Persons with medical certification fall under term " Certified" such as certified medical assistant, certified Paramedic and so forth.
In better terms, it would be " Certified medical"

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Persons with medical certification fall under term " Certified" such as certified medical assistant, certified Paramedic and so forth.
In better terms, it would be " Certified medical"
Thanks! I misspelled it. Thanks for enlightening me. :)

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do an epsom salt or vinegar soak to help draw out any needles that could have left behind. While each individual is different, these things are rarely serious, except as I mentioned earlier, in the case of anaphylaxis. If you do a soak and kept it clean, chances of infection should be very rare.
Idk what it is. I hope you get better. I was doing some rock work about 2 month ago in my tank and I had some really bad burning and itching all over my arm. It went away after a day. Get better ❤️

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of fireworms. I got stung a few months ago. My finger was itchy and swollen for about 3 days.

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know when you feel better, we are all pulling for you.
I guess I should start to wear gloves in my tank. It is so bulky I do not like using them, but I have a rabbit fish and lots of bristle worms and you gave us a good warning.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Let us know when you feel better, we are all pulling for you.
I guess I should start to wear gloves in my tank. It is so bulky I do not like using them, but I have a rabbit fish and lots of bristle worms and you gave us a good warning.
Cant beat aquagloves for $20

gloves.jpg

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few pairs of these types of gloves, use them every time I'm moving rock work. Cheap and effective, any local fishing outlet should have some in stock.

Screenshot_20230912_180212_Google.jpg

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk what it is. I hope you get better. I was doing some rock work about 2 month ago in my tank and I had some really bad burning and itching all over my arm. It went away after a day. Get better ❤️
Thank you!

Yellongbutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!
The bearded fireworm is a slow creature, and is not considered a threat to humans unless touched by careless swimmers. The bristles, when flared, can penetrate human skin, injecting a powerful neurotoxin and producing intense irritation and a painful burning sensation around the area of contact. The sting can also lead to nausea and dizziness. This sensation lasts up to a few hours, but a painful tingling can continue to be felt around the area of contact. In a case of accidental contact, application and removal of adhesive tape will help remove the spines; applying isopropanol/Rubbing Alcohol/Isopropyl Alcohol to the area may help alleviate the pain.
From Wikipedia.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Wikipedia.
Thank you I saw this as well! Its just the super intense itching Im not finding described how I have it so that why I posted to see if anyone had a better idea! This really sucks.

Also I see youre a new member, welcome to reef2reef friend :)

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vetteguy53081 I dont have the stuff to make what you recommended. Got some other ointments and such. Tried looking with a magnifying glass, the one I have isnt great, but I couldnt see any but I feel them in my fingers and stuff. Looks like I might have to have a doc look and see if they can see them :(

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@vetteguy53081 I dont have the stuff to make what you recommended. Got some other ointments and such. Tried looking with a magnifying glass, the one I have isnt great, but I couldnt see any but I feel them in my fingers and stuff. Looks like I might have to have a doc look and see if they can see them :(
They’ll work their way out over 72 hours. Duct tape will catch and remove any in some cases. Walmart will have hydrocortisone, rubbing alcohol,
Triple antibiotic ointment should also help
Hydrocortisone helps with itching
Ibuprofen good if you feel throbbing

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Littlefoxx your not having much luck . Hope you recover soon and no doc bill. If you were in the uk I would of said go to the hospital and get checked out don’t mess with your health . Good luck and full recovery

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on sunday I was moving some rocks and corals around in both tanks. I have 3 distinct marks on my hand from being stung by something… foxface in one tank and my lionfish in the other. Been stung by foxface and that just hurts so I dont think its him. Never been stung by my lionfish.

Basically what I have is such INTENSE itching that it feels bone deep and its really unbearable! Pulled a tiny (spike maybe?) out of one of the sting sites yesterday. But this itching is OUT OF CONTROL. Also found a fireworm (didnt touch it) sunday, but where theres one theres more. Searched all over the internet and cant find anything describing what I have.

Figured I would ask people here if they had any ideas before calling the doctor… so not my year with medical crap apparently.

@lion king tagging you because you have lions and most likely have been stung by them.

Thanks guys
How are you feeling today? Any better?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

• I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back