Klir 7 runs none stop

Trailermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For over a year, the fleece filter was working flawlessly. Ran about four months between filter changes. The problem now is that the alarm sounds and the roller just keeps going. I replaced the "eye" with a new one.
When I installed a new filter, I tested it and rolled properly when I held down the center button. But later when I reinstalled the unit, and after a couple of hours, the alarm sounded, and when I restarted it, the motor just kept running. Is the optical eye not reliable when it it in only an inch and a half from the sump wall?
Next I mounted the eye, in the Klir magnetic holder, facing up, on the inside of the unit, and am waiting to see if this helps.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For over a year, the fleece filter was working flawlessly. Ran about four months between filter changes. The problem now is that the alarm sounds and the roller just keeps going. I replaced the "eye" with a new one.
When I installed a new filter, I tested it and rolled properly when I held down the center button. But later when I reinstalled the unit, and after a couple of hours, the alarm sounded, and when I restarted it, the motor just kept running. Is the optical eye not reliable when it it in only an inch and a half from the sump wall?
Next I mounted the eye, in the Klir magnetic holder, facing up, on the inside of the unit, and am waiting to see if this helps.
Check the optical sensor mount. Is water on it? For what it's worth, I moved mine sensor off the unit and placed it in my sump near one of the overflow holes.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back