Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CCBB068E-D246-4F9E-BA27-4AC83E374A31.jpeg
FB6A82D0-C533-48C5-81E4-8CB76F9F3426.jpeg
3A725F94-45E6-4DC8-82CA-A0A938F76724.jpeg
I purchased this filter from saltwateraquarium.com and received it on Saturday. I installed the unit and I am impressed by the quality of the materials used. But with that said I had everything up and running and it appeared to be working as advertised and I have been checking to see how much material it had used and had noticed that it had indeed advanced the filter material as it should. I went back to check on it later and it had advanced the entire roll of filter media ruining the rest of it. No matter what I do by trying to unplug the sensor or power supply the motor keeps advancing. I have sent a message off to saltwateraquarium as well as Coralvue. I am hoping that it is either user error or just bad luck on my part because I truly believe that this is a quality built product. The only issue I see is the roller that accepts the old filter material should have a slot to slide the media filter into instead of having to tape it on the roller. I’m sure they will be in contact with me soon being it is a holiday weekend and a first rollout. Will update as well.

I read a review on BRS that said he didn't have the plug all the way into the unit. When it was half way in, the motor kept rolling. Check that the plug fromvthe controller is all the way in.

OP
OP
roman1

roman1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plug was all the way in. Filter was correctly placed in sump for which I at first didn’t know there was a right and wrong way by their instruction videos. They are sending a new controller

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, the reviews on BRS say that the controller is almost toy-like. One guy said it seemed liked they were rushed to market because the cuts from the machine were manually sanded down. One guy had a cracked one and it was glued back together by the manufacturer.

Seems like this may be something I'm gonna hold off on until a new revision comes out. Also because I don't want to modify my brand new Trigger 39 Sapphire sump.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7ffae693a2a2b5c45990368d11f5d712.jpg

Not a direct fit had to create my own sock holder for the trigger. Went from 3 sock to a two sock holder and it's working.

What did you do to modify it? I was under the impression that the 3 sock sump would work, but the 2 sock wouldn't. Or maybe that was with media cups? Can't remember anymore.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you do to modify it? I was under the impression that the 3 sock sump would work, but the 2 sock wouldn't. Or maybe that was with media cups? Can't remember anymore.

I took out the 3 sock plate and made my own acrylic plate with two sock hole and that works. The current placement of the 3 sock hole is off and will require some major mods to the top of the sump.

atx100r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody try these in trigger Emerald 34? I'm not sure it will fit in the sock chamber. I measured the chamber and it would be close.

Last edited:

atx100r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took out the 3 sock plate and made my own acrylic plate with two sock hole and that works. The current placement of the 3 sock hole is off and will require some major mods to the top of the sump.
Scuzy... I have the Emerald 34 sump with only 2 sock holders. Just wanting to pick your brain a bit. My sock holders are oval. I'm thinking I build a new plate with 1 sock hole and make it slightly larger than the 3.5" needed for the filter section to go into. I dont believe I can cut a 4" hole and have it fit in this particular sump. Then the top unit can just sit on top of the plate. Does that seem like it makes sense? I'm not clear on how the unit seals off at the larger top unit and the sock plate.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So little update on the klir after not having any instructions I wasted 3 rolls of this fleece. Coralvue Carlos told me I installed it wrong. I was having the sensor installed to close to water fluctuation. Having it fixed and finally getting the power y cable for running two at a time. This thing's working great. Only time will tell how long the motor lasts as the roll of wet fleece does out some stress when rolling up all wet.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it up and running, works great on my Elos Tank...

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@scuzy and @atx100r
Scuzy is the design of the 39 different from the 34 beside the 3 vs 2 socks? I have the 34 and could probably figure a way to get a peice of acrylic cut with 1 hole for a Klir.

Atx. Did you go this route with your 34”?

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6ad8332f16dfb3233e49b3ac055d02fd.jpg

a59925dfdf4fc5d6ff4054706361b4b4.jpg
f0d24b6cbd9a55b0d14684b0e195909c.jpg

Should fit let’s see how well this is gonna go
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am getting ready to order two DI-4 Klir Filter systems for my Synergy CL-44 Sump.
Do you think there will be enough room for 2 DI-4 Filter systems on the Synergy sump?

SS-44Red-Black-SYSNERGY.png

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plug was all the way in. Filter was correctly placed in sump for which I at first didn’t know there was a right and wrong way by their instruction videos. They are sending a new controller

I also have a Geo sump with three socks , and was thinking of getting these , how has yours worked with your Geo sump??

How is the replacement rolls working, easy to install when roll is exhausted??

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this same sump.. Wondering if you got the DI-4 Klir filter to fit in the sock holder... I just want to fit one.. I measured it it looks like it wont fit.. Let me know if you got it to fit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am getting ready to order two DI-4 Klir Filter systems for my Synergy CL-44 Sump.
Do you think there will be enough room for 2 DI-4 Filter systems on the Synergy sump?

SS-44Red-Black-SYSNERGY.png

Tim_CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So little update on the klir after not having any instructions I wasted 3 rolls of this fleece. Coralvue Carlos told me I installed it wrong. I was having the sensor installed to close to water fluctuation. Having it fixed and finally getting the power y cable for running two at a time. This thing's working great. Only time will tell how long the motor lasts as the roll of wet fleece does out some stress when rolling up all wet.
Hey scuzy - Thanks for the directions here on making this work with the trigger 39. I'm about to do this to my Trigger Sapphire 39 with a custom 2 hole filter sock plate. I've got some questions if you don't mind:

- Per the message above, how did you have it installed wrong?
- Fabricating the 2 hole holder, did you just put the 4" holes dead center on the plate or did you have to offset them some?
- You mentioned having to get more parts to run it in master/slave. Where did you get these parts?
- Any other gotchas I should watch out for?

Thanks - Tim

Abunadeez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show a pic of the right way to set it up ?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back