Kschweer: 57 rimless build

Digging the aquascape!
 
It's been a while since I have updated this thread. I am happy to say that the tank has cycled. Did a 20% water change tonight and I am hoping to get a fish or 2 by the weekend.
 
Sweet!
 
Yesterday I Took a trip to one of the better "LFS" (in quotes cause it's an hour and a half each way) in jersey and picked up a couple firefish.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1390098051.541435.jpg


I'm really happy to finally have some life in the tank!
 
Little update:

Things seem to be coming together nicely. I'm fighting some diatoms at the moment but that is to be expected. The firefish are doing very well and eating like champs. I moved 2 frags that I had multiples of over from the frag tank and they are doing very well too. I added 3 nassarius snails last weekend and 3 turbos tonight. They are already going through the diatoms on the rocks. I also finally got around to hooking up the ATO (avast marine) tonight and also cleaned up some wiring under the tank.

Things to do are to build a cabinet for the left side of the tank to hide the skimmer and a cabinet for the right side for all the power strips and wiring (hoping to get a controller soon). Here's a couple quick pictures.

hesupeqy.jpg
a5uja8e3.jpg
enamygu2.jpg
u5avanuh.jpg
e2usa4ez.jpg
]
 
Yesterday I Took a trip to one of the better "LFS" (in quotes cause it's an hour and a half each way) in jersey and picked up a couple firefish.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1390098051.541435.jpg


I'm really happy to finally have some life in the tank!

Where in jersey did you go?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new