Large amount of Alk consumption

Accidentalreefers

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2020
Messages
64
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so here are my parameter's
Alkalinity 7.0
calcium - 430
magnesium - 1300
phosphate - 0
PH- 7.8-8.0
ammonia - 0
Salinity 1.025

I'm using a Hanna Alk checker for my Alk readings.
This is my issue my tank isn't that loaded, mainly softies and LPS (mainly smaller frags), i have a birds nest that is 7" by 7" big, a smaller birds nest that's around 2"-3" I have quite a bit of coralline, I've been buffering my tanks Alk to 7.5-8.0 almost on a daily, or over a 2 day period but almost 8 hours later i will check it and it will be down to 7.0 again?? I'm literally dosing 10ml of Alk every single day.... is this normal for a tank to consume this amount of Alkalinity within an 8hour period??? my tank is just over a year old. any feed back would be great. thanks :)...
 
IF that is what you are measuring that is normal for your tank. It doesn't seem like that much to me. My Calk reactor adds 45 ml/minute of reactor enriched water to my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new