Large cell Amphidinium? Something else?

Teeter

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2023
Messages
121
Reaction score
74
Location
Oviedo
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I've been fighting this stuff for a couple months now, and I'd really like to make sure 100% that I'm taking the correct steps. I've posted in the dinos megathread, but even with no answer, I was fairly confident I knew what I was dealing with. I've attached a coin microscope video, but I don't know if it's a high enough zoom for it to useful for identification. I also uploaded a video of the screen on the actual microscope.

Under the impression it's LCA, I've been taking the following steps:
- Dosing 1ppm silica (through SpongExcel) daily
- Dosing NeoNitro and NeoPhos to raise levels of both (both had bottomed out, which I'm assuming was the cause of this from the start)
- Running a UV filter

Characteristics include:
- Red/brown flowing strands
- very few to no trapped air bubbles
- does NOT go away much at night

If anyone can provide ANY help with this, I'd appreciate it immensely. I've got no intention to give up, but this has been a mess :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 

Attachments

  • WIN_20250118_11_53_32_Pro.mp4
    18.7 MB
  • dinos.mov
    440.4 KB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new