Lasses Dream Build

This have nothing with aquarium to do - but even a reefer need vacation. We travel when either of us (me and my wife) have an important birthday. When she get the age of 60 - we traveled to Thailand - the year after - when I was 60 - we backpack us through the same country. I have to admit - we flew both times. But when I celebrated my 60 years birthday - we took the night train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. It was a pleasant trip. It was rather funny - in our small apartment of the train we were two older pairs. In the next apartment - it was youngsters. In the evening - when the train host had decided that it was sleeping time - she was arguing to the youngster - go to bed, go to bed. However in our part - she was coming around every 15 minutes to see if there was any signs that we want to sleep - not saying anything. They have respect for elder in Thailand! Let me admit - we took an extra beer that night :p

Last year (10 years later - you have to do the math by your self) we was in southern Italy. We fly to Vienna and took the train down to the strait of Messina. It was a half "Greta effect" as we say in Sweden. It was a wonderful trip - we said - we repeat this next year but make the major hit on the Adriatic side of Italy.

This year - in January - I surprised my wife with saying - I want to go north this year. I do not know that time that Italy should be total shout down yesterday - I only felt that I want to see snow again - as I did when I grew up.

Of some reasons (baptist of our latest grand child - Tigran) we have to start our travel in Malmö central station. At 12:00 8/3

IMG_20200308_115904.jpg

We stop at Stockholm and leaved around 18:30 the same night. We took the night train to Narvik, Norway.

IMG_20200308_223517.jpg

Passing the arctic circle - early in the morning

IMG_20200309_084854.jpg

​
Ending up in Kiruna - high up in the north of Sweden. In the picture you will see Kirunavaara ( not Swedish - it is the Sami language) It is the mother of Swedish steel and the main reason (IMO) why Sweden could stay out from WWII (Germany need the ore from this mountain and a neutral Sweden would not be bombed)

IMG_20200309_093045.jpg

​
The train get further on the track between Kiruna and the always open harbour of Narvik along the "Malmbanan" - still the most important shipping route for Swedish iron ore

IMG_20200309_102508.jpg


IMG_20200309_104552.jpg

​

From Narvik - we arrive 24 hours after the start in Malmö - we took the bus further out to the Lofoten archipelago - to the town of Harstad. Here you can see a fdish for the first time in this post.

IMG_20200310_110549.jpg

​
We stay in a hotel with the best view from a Sauna that I have ever seen

IMG_20200310_174651.jpg

Stay tuned - updates will follow

Sincerely Lasse
​

Looking forward to "traveling" along with you!
 
This have nothing with aquarium to do - but even a reefer need vacation. We travel when either of us (me and my wife) have an important birthday. When she get the age of 60 - we traveled to Thailand - the year after - when I was 60 - we backpack us through the same country. I have to admit - we flew both times. But when I celebrated my 60 years birthday - we took the night train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. It was a pleasant trip. It was rather funny - in our small apartment of the train we were two older pairs. In the next apartment - it was youngsters. In the evening - when the train host had decided that it was sleeping time - she was arguing to the youngster - go to bed, go to bed. However in our part - she was coming around every 15 minutes to see if there was any signs that we want to sleep - not saying anything. They have respect for elder in Thailand! Let me admit - we took an extra beer that night :p

Last year (10 years later - you have to do the math by your self) we was in southern Italy. We fly to Vienna and took the train down to the strait of Messina. It was a half "Greta effect" as we say in Sweden. It was a wonderful trip - we said - we repeat this next year but make the major hit on the Adriatic side of Italy.

This year - in January - I surprised my wife with saying - I want to go north this year. I do not know that time that Italy should be total shout down yesterday - I only felt that I want to see snow again - as I did when I grew up.

Of some reasons (baptist of our latest grand child - Tigran) we have to start our travel in Malmö central station. At 12:00 8/3

IMG_20200308_115904.jpg

We stop at Stockholm and leaved around 18:30 the same night. We took the night train to Narvik, Norway.

IMG_20200308_223517.jpg

Passing the arctic circle - early in the morning

IMG_20200309_084854.jpg

​
Ending up in Kiruna - high up in the north of Sweden. In the picture you will see Kirunavaara ( not Swedish - it is the Sami language) It is the mother of Swedish steel and the main reason (IMO) why Sweden could stay out from WWII (Germany need the ore from this mountain and a neutral Sweden would not be bombed)

IMG_20200309_093045.jpg

​
The train get further on the track between Kiruna and the always open harbour of Narvik along the "Malmbanan" - still the most important shipping route for Swedish iron ore

IMG_20200309_102508.jpg


IMG_20200309_104552.jpg

​

From Narvik - we arrive 24 hours after the start in Malmö - we took the bus further out to the Lofoten archipelago - to the town of Harstad. Here you can see a fish for the first time in this post.

IMG_20200310_110549.jpg

​
We stay in a hotel with the best view from a Sauna that I have ever seen

IMG_20200310_174651.jpg

Stay tuned - updates will follow

Sincerely Lasse
​
Wonderful trip.... looks very cold up there!!
 
Today I´m 70 years young and saw the best definition of life I ever seen!!!

IMG_20200311_164451.jpg

Sincerely Lasse
 
Happy Birthday!

I knew there was something special about you. (We share the same birthday!)
 
Happy Birthday!

I knew there was something special about you. (We share the same birthday!)
Happy birthday to yourself.

You now which Zodiac signe we are born into? The Pisces

Sincerely Lasse
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new