OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally - two agreeable pictures of my Plectranthias inermis.

hok1.jpg

hok2.jpg

And a couple of other inhabitants

Pair.jpg

coral.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

morpheas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a birds nest on the last picture? I have mine vertically mounted as well and it looks awesome [emoji4]

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Co2 scrubber is a great idea that I have not seen. I referred a member to you post 136,138 he has been having issues with Co2 and we could not come up with an answer.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now it is time to start the refugium at the back yard of the aquarium – over the DSB. I had an old construction with three 17 W multichip from AC-RC in my “good to have box”. Its two EPILEDS 17W Plant Growth Hybrid Multichip and one EPILEDS 17W 660nm Multichip. Max forward current is 2000 mA but I run them at 700 mA. They are mounted inside an aluminum U profile that also serve as a cooler.

reflight.jpg

reflight2.jpg

Driver is a DC Maxi Jolly that can be managed with a 1-10 V signal but use PWM for dimming the LEDs. My Profilux computer manage the 1-10 V signal and the light will be on between 22:00 to 08:00 – it will slowly dim up and down. Start with 60 %.

driver.jpg

profilux.jpg

I start with some Chaetomorpha spp but I will put other macros in the refugium as well. But I want fast growing species.

refug.jpg

reflight3.jpg

And also a FTS after one month and some other pictures

whole.jpg

LPS.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my basic ideas is the need of a rather high and stable pH. We will see now if the reversed light regime in the refugium will stabilize the pH during night-time. I sample the pH every 10 minutes. Normally it ranges from 8.10 to 8.35.

In order to maintain a stable pH I use different tricks at the same time. Carbon scrubber, lime water, and reversed light regime at the refugium.

Sincerely Lasse

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lasse the tank is coming along beautifully still love the rock work.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you do a water change?

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cowboy : Thank you
@jsker :
It has run for nearly 5 weeks without a water change. Normally – when I start a new aquarium I do the first water change after an month and try to do a 10% weekly water change (you should read between the lines – the normally is every second week :)) after the first month. However – with this aquarium I will come closer to the Triton system and do very few water changes. But there is nothing written in stones – so I will adapt my husbandry after how the aquarium will develop. If I run in problems – I will do a lot of small water changes during a week or two.

This aquarium has been a slow starter – it’s has not completely passed the diatom bloom yet and the green algae (micro algae) has still not take over. For the moment – I will not do any water changes. For the moment I´m trying to get my calcium levels up and the alkalinity to be stable. Some of the corals show good growth – some survive. I´m not either sure how I want the light to be – just now – a lot of blue.

Some pics

FTS.jpg

monty1.jpg

monty2.jpg

monty3.jpg

sps.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the knowledge, I am thinking cutting back my water change to twice a month or monthly. Some of my best tanks in the past I would do a 10% every 3 months those tanks were fish only live rock, but is dosing as advanced as it is now why waste good salt.

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(It was lucky that my two grandchildren already has gone to bed – my language was not of the official Swedish version)

This made me laugh out loud in my office. My family is Icelandic, and both my mother and my grandmother always say that their language is not Icelandic but "proper Viking" when they swear in their native tongue. Beautiful tank btw! :D

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Till now - the best picture of my Plectranthias inermis

hawk.jpg

By the way ksfulk - I live at the border of the old region Viken - (region from Oslo to just north of Gothenburg) Some people say that it is the orgin of the word Viking (but its under discussion) so me an your mother and grandmother maybe undrestand each other when I talk "not official Swedish" and they talk "proper Viking" :)

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice fish!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back