Lawnmower Blenny aggressive towards Goby

Reaper_Six_Four

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help! My daughter purchased a Lawnmower Blenny for my birthday to replace my previous one that went missing and never reappeared. Since being introduced, he’s been very territorial towards my existing goby. Will this behavior continue or can it be reasonably expected to go away? My display is 75 gallons with plenty of rocks and hiding places.

Thank you in advance

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help! My daughter purchased a Lawnmower Blenny for my birthday to replace my previous one that went missing and never reappeared. Since being introduced, he’s been very territorial towards my existing goby. Will this behavior continue or can it be reasonably expected to go away? My display is 75 gallons with plenty of rocks and hiding places.

Thank you in advance
I believe that blennys and gobys can be territorial and aggressive towards one another because they both occupy the same area (if your goby tends to the bottom of the tank). If it does not stop in a couple of days or you start to see fin damage or any damage to either fish, you could put the blenny in an isolation box or sump and reintroduce it, but I think the lawnmower blenny is one of the more assertive blennys. If you had a lawnmower before and it was ok with the goby, this blenny could just be on the mean side as my diamond goby and blenny swim together and don't bother each other. Just watch carefully and inspect them both for damage so you can be quick to move them before its too late. Good luck! :cool:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back