led build question

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay guys i am going to be building an led fixture for my frag tank going with 24 leds i am going to use one driver as i don't really care to much to mess with the colors. I am wondering if i can splice the fan into plug from the driver i just have to make sure it is using the same voltage coming out of the socket which is 120 correct or do they not make fans like that...

wld1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aalvarado87

Please dont....

Most drivers are constant current and variable voltage on the DC out put side. If you have a 120AC fan and splice the input side thats OK but I have had great results with 12 vdc fans which are much cheaper than AC fans.

Bill

OP
OP
A

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aalvarado87

Please dont....

Most drivers are constant current and variable voltage on the DC out put side. If you have a 120AC fan and splice the input side thats OK but I have had great results with 12 vdc fans which are much cheaper than AC fans.

Bill

thats what i was referring to splicing it into the side that plugs into the wall not what is being hooked up with the leds. But i am think i will probably jsut pick up a fan from radio shack and find a plug to put it on. I was just thinking that if i could elminate a plug it would be easier.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back