LED Lighting

Cole_Voeller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few tanks, and all use Coralife Seascape LED lights or Current Marine Orbit, but due to the fact that the Currents have began electrocuting the water of my frag tank, I will be replacing these lights. I only have soft corals, but might get some easy LPS at some point.
What budget LED would you all recommend for a 20 gallon long? (Only allowed 10 gallon tanks in college apartment).
The Coralife has been perfect for what I need, all my zoas have been thriving with it, but I’m not sure how well they would work with LPS. So any recommendations are appreciated! I’d prefer a bar style light, such as this light below that I have been looking at.
Thanks all!

10857E33-BA2B-418B-A1BA-F191FFB016BD.png

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind, could you list your preferred price range and features (as well as mounting style)?

OP
OP
Cole_Voeller

Cole_Voeller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind, could you list your preferred price range and features (as well as mounting style)?
I suppose like $200-250 as a max. I’d like what I buy to have lots of coverage, which is why I use 2 Coralife Seascapes or two Current Marine lights on each 20 long. For features, all I really care about is a day cycle and plenty of blues. Crazy programmability doesn’t matter to me.
Mounting style, I really like the lights that stand directly on the tank, with legs on the tanks rim. If I had to choose another I’d say mounted on the back, but that wouldn’t really work to well for this tank, unless I used two mounts on both far ends of the tank.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose like $200-250 as a max. I’d like what I buy to have lots of coverage, which is why I use 2 Coralife Seascapes or two Current Marine lights on each 20 long. For features, all I really care about is a day cycle and plenty of blues. Crazy programmability doesn’t matter to me.

The first things that came to mind are led bars from quanta, reef brite (lumilite pro), orphek, and reefbreeders. I would check these out as they are great for budgets. I'd imagine a single fixture would be fine. They can be mounted on the tank but hanging them would be my preferred choice for such a shallow tank. Two aquaknight leds could also work.

OP
OP
Cole_Voeller

Cole_Voeller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first things that came to mind are led bars from quanta, reef brite (lumilite pro), orphek, and reefbreeders. I would check these out as they are great for budgets. I'd imagine a single fixture would be fine. They can be mounted on the tank but hanging them would be my preferred choice for such a shallow tank. Two aquaknight leds could also work.
I’m liking the Lumilite pro. Would you think just one would work? Or would it be best to get 2? Also, would the actinic be better, or the 50/50? Sadly the actinic 30” isn’t available through BRS right now.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m liking the Lumilite pro. Would you think just one would work? Or would it be best to get 2? Also, would the actinic be better, or the 50/50? Sadly the actinic 30” isn’t available through BRS right now.

I'd imagine a single one would be fine. Alternatively, you could get lumi lite single strips and spread them out a little more to get better light distribution. I personally would go with the 50/50 but that is because I don't like the actinic only look since I want to give the fish a better visual environment. I don't thhink the single strip lumi lite is available in 30 inches though.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one may work, or get a custom one from any vendor

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back