Leigh Ann's tank build

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mark75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I guess Leigh Ann officially had her very own reef tank as of 12:00 pm yesterday,....I dropped a Cerith snail in it. :D

Her and I have been going back and forth on modifying the tank. Leigh Ann wants to keep it as is, she does not want to complicate it with pumps and big lights. I want to add a wavemaker, bigger return pump and an AI Prime light. I have explained to her some of the things she wants to keep will require more light and flow than the tank has stock,...she says she will make up for it with love.o_O
 
I have been experiencing the same thing and started a new tank of 3 months. Not an expert compared to these giants on this forum but I have great results with a water conditioner like Seachem Prime in my tank. If there is anything feeding the growth, why not start at the basics and double check? I would always start easy and cheaper and work my way up.
 
Clean up crew may go in this week,...ammonia, nitrites have come and gone. Still unsure on the what changes we will make as far as light/return pump/wave maker so we may put off adding any livestock until we are more happy with the tanks hardware.

The tank is cycled so we have that out of the way. Leigh Ann is gathering zoa's and acans and housing them in my tank until her tank is ready,...she is still not 100% sure on her fish choice/choices. 12 gallons really limits your options on fish.:)
 
.she is still not 100% sure on her fish choice/choices. 12 gallons really limits your options on fish.:)
Hi Fin Red Bonded Goby pair with pistol shrimp and Purple Firefish?
 
Blue Whale ? :rolleyes:
 
Flaming prawn goby!
 
You would find these suggestions funnier if you knew some of the conversations Leigh Ann and I have had about what fish she can keep or more specifically what fish she can't keep!

She has decided out of the 15,287 species of saltwater fish available to the hobbyist her tank is suitable for 3. :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new