Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice Rik!!

tater11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome tank i may have missed it but what bulb ballast combo are you using?

OP
OP
Leishman

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R Tom! :)

naldopr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Locally it's called the EA Rasberry Limeade. AE is the LFS that got the colony in and only sold frags. I believe they lost the colony. There are 4 or 5 of us in the DC area that still have it.

This is the nasty algae I have:
untitled12.jpg

untitled13.jpg

I will beat it.

I had this algae in my tank and use microlift special blend and in week was gone. nice tank

OP
OP
Leishman

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided to add a split-tank to my system that will be easy to change as my mood sees fit. The tank is 30x20x10.5 and has a 2" wall 10" in from one end; this 2" wall is to hold a sand bed in place. Above the 2" wall is a removable wall (removable for cleaning) that will keep the fish etc on that side of the tank. The rest of this tank will be my new frag tank. The whole thing will be lit with 4xt5 bulbs and the display end will also have a 70w MH for the 'shimmer'. Here is the tank; right side is the 'mini display' that will be viewable from the den:

a.jpg

To start, the new display will have a 2" sand bed, a rock, a rose anemone and a pair of clowns. This new tank is built into my new frag tank and will be tied into my system, and my current frag tank will be converted into an auto top off.

b.jpg

The 16"x9" viewing window will be just to the left of my 135 and about 5'6" up the wall.

c.jpg

When I get bored, I will return the rose put the clowns in the 135 and make this little tank in to a seahorse tank, or a pipefish tank, or a zoa garden, or ………. what ever I feel like

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sound like an awesome idea. I've always wanted to do a huge Tube Anemone alone in a tank or a few..........

rng_pw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the tank. That rasberry limeade is a sick piece. Are the polyps blue or purple?

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided to add a split-tank to my system that will be easy to change as my mood sees fit. The tank is 30x20x10.5 and has a 2" wall 10" in from one end; this 2" wall is to hold a sand bed in place. Above the 2" wall is a removable wall (removable for cleaning) that will keep the fish etc on that side of the tank. The rest of this tank will be my new frag tank. The whole thing will be lit with 4xt5 bulbs and the display end will also have a 70w MH for the 'shimmer'. Here is the tank; right side is the 'mini display' that will be viewable from the den:

a.jpg

To start, the new display will have a 2" sand bed, a rock, a rose anemone and a pair of clowns. This new tank is built into my new frag tank and will be tied into my system, and my current frag tank will be converted into an auto top off.

b.jpg

The 16"x9" viewing window will be just to the left of my 135 and about 5'6" up the wall.

c.jpg

When I get bored, I will return the rose put the clowns in the 135 and make this little tank in to a seahorse tank, or a pipefish tank, or a zoa garden, or ………. what ever I feel like

When you told be about the idea Friday i thought it was a great idea!..Cant wait to see it up and functioning!

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks dope, any ideas on how your going to trim it out. Cap pucks, trimmed up sticks, dead corals?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back