OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vitamin deficiency associated with diet can be a contributor to cloudy eye. The most common cause of cloudy eyes in aquarium fish seems to be poor water quality, a drop in pH level when it drops too low, heavy feeding , and bacteria issues developing in the tank. Try lowering your temp a little and feed less, check all water parameters, and do water change.
Add vitamins and/or garlic extract to its' food and monitor.
If it does not improve in 48 hours, try PraziPro. Should help
Thanks his eye is looking better not completely healed. I did use the Epsom salts and good food with vitamins, five or six tank transfers and seven days of copper. I'm just a little worried about the fins now.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not even a full day of the leopards in DT and I'm hooked!! I'll be moving to the wrasse lovers thread. Any suggestions on more wrasses that would be a nice addition to the leopards?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The females are doing great. Actually put them in DT last night. The male is still in QT and will start E.M today. I might be giving away a powder brown tang and a splendid dotty back that aren't playing nice this morning.
I think you got all females, two meleagris and a negrosensis. There was no males pictured o the first page of this thread.

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk if this is the video you're referencing, but that's not what he said here

he just says that tank is filled with cirrhilabrus and paracheilinus wrasses, neither of which burrow in the sand

My apologies, I must have the wrong video though I’m pretty sure it was one by reef builders. I’m not necessarily taking a position I just thought it was worth mentioning for discussion.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies, I must have the wrong video though I’m pretty sure it was one by reef builders. I’m not necessarily taking a position I just thought it was worth mentioning for discussion.

no worries dude! it just occurred to me i saw that part recently so i figured that was what you were referencing

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got two more leopards last week from LFS. When I got them home I matched the salinity to the bag and floated them for twenty minutes then released. One of them didn't make through the night. So I went back to LFS with a dead fish and sample water he said my salinity was too low. When I said I matched the bag he said yeah we have had problems with new help not checking salinity. No refund just offered ten bucks of another leopard from same tank. I said ok if I can see it eat. None of the fish in that tank eat frozen food. I still have one in QT that won't eat frozen food and it's getting old feeding her pods from my refugium. My question is should I just put her in DT without seeing eat? Looks healthy and I have done the tank transfer method.
image.jpg

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tricks for getting leopards to eat frozen food? I have mysis, brine, rods fish food and my homemade blend. Garlic makes her look frantically for food but will not touch the frozen food.

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try feeding live brine shrimp with frozen brine in high flow. That would let you treat for possible internal parasites

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This article talks about getting leopards to eat in qt
Edit for some reason I can’t paste a link here but google reef builders Choati leopard wrasse and it will come up

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back