Leopard wrasse question

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed it variety. They can be shy feeders but pods will fill in food source during your absence.

Small plankton
mysis shrimp
LRS fish frenzy
rods fish eggs
Hikari marine cuisine

Lucky day today.. she finally ate NLS. I think having the flow on helped make it more exciting to chase and figure out the pellets are food. Thanks everyone.

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both my leopards love blood worms. They’ll pick them out of the mix if I feed more than one thing at a time. They can be picky with other foods even if sometimes they eat them like mysis. At least from my experience. Seems it’s always a little different

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a medium leopard survive on pods alone in a larger 180G system? Mine is still in the adjustment period coming out after 7 days of initial hiding when I introduced it. Jet lag was still off and she's adjusting by coming out earlier and earlier as the days pass. She's out at 11am now vs the 5pm initially. However she's actively hunting nonstop on the sand and rocks. I know copepods are smaller and may not be visible and I thought she takes the larger pods (trigs?) which I don't see many in the tank. Maybe her eyes are better than mine, but concerning that she's not taking food and I may be out of pods. Note that she was purchased as a QTed fish from a vendor here, so ate prepared food during the 30 day QT. About 14 days in my tank total and not taking prepared any food and that's concerning.

Pods only diet?
Mine likes NLS and BRS pellets as well as everything else i put in. In the beginning it only ate mysis and PE calanus. A dose of live pods to the tank will help with the whole process though, just to make sure it is getting fed

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back