Leopard wrasse

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little girl was a one inch fish when she calmly (England here, this is how much I trust my lfs) swam out of the bag, straight into the midde of the display and eyeballed all the other fish like "come on then, let's get this over with" and all the fish looked shocked lol!
She has never hidden and is like the cute puppy that everyone loves! :)

DSC_0102 (1024x761).jpg

I swear your Blue Star and mine must be related as that is exactly how mine is. By far my most people friendly and curious fish as well (stays out when the others get spooked and hide). She periodically deals with some territorial disputes with my Melanurus but is definitely not afraid to hold her own. Incredibly smart too, knows how to wait for the Melanurus to be distracted to get all the food she wants and then some.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh it's still alive. Its always out and about. It goes into the sand at 2145 every night. That's 15 before lights out.

IMHO it does help quite a bit when the fish has spent a couple of weeks at the LFS (particularly if you run close to the same light schedule) since it's basically acclimated. One of the things we often forget is that these fish are used to being active in their natural environment when they would be resting here, and sleeping in their natural environment when it is daylight here. Add in the whole stress of being stuffed in a dark box and being sent at high speeds down a runway and then sent 40K feet up in the air for hours on end and the stress of capture and transfers and it's a wonder that any of them ever want to come out and we need to be patient for them to give them time to adjust to their new environment given what they have been through.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back