Leopard wrasse

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an ornate, beautiful wrasse... went into my tank and dissapeared for 9 days, assumed it was gone. Then I saw alot of commotion with my female clown chasing something. It was the ornate. He was all beat up. Dorsal fin was all bit up and tail too. Guess I know y it wasnt coming out. It took me a little bit of observing and chasing the clown away to get the wrasse to chill out a bit. And when it decided to rebury himself right up front in the sand I seized the opportunity to get him, I put a net over top of the sand where it was hiding and gently moved the sand around him with my finger and her popped out into the net.. to my relief, I was able to keep him in the net(I've never in all my years caught a fish in my reef with a net, everrrr!) Removed him from the tank and ow he lives a very peaceful happy life in my frag tank with a melanarus and a goby.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys should try to get a Black Leopard. Here is my Male and female

male nuptial coloration
BlackLeopardWrasse2019070910Male.jpg

Female
BlackLeopardWrasse2019041801.jpg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little girl was a one inch fish when she calmly (England here, this is how much I trust my lfs) swam out of the bag, straight into the midde of the display and eyeballed all the other fish like "come on then, let's get this over with" and all the fish looked shocked lol!
She has never hidden and is like the cute puppy that everyone loves! :)

DSC_0102 (1024x761).jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
$16 ??? Did it have a head and tail?? Nice score
You should see him out today at least at feeding.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My little girl was a one inch fish when she calmly (England here, this is how much I trust my lfs) swam out of the bag, straight into the midde of the display and eyeballed all the other fish like "come on then, let's get this over with" and all the fish looked shocked lol!
She has never hidden and is like the cute puppy that everyone loves! :)

DSC_0102 (1024x761).jpg
I must have one! How deep is her sleeping spot?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While my negrosensis(black loepard) hasn't made a switch to anything but pods, my meleagris readily eats anything from frozen to flake.

OP
OP
45ZoaGarden

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has already started showing an interest in pellets. Ate a couple of pellets few days ago but is still busy feasting on pods.

TripleTruble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the good news is i just saw her! She was out and about then went behind the rocks and is sitting on the sand bed. The lights are starting to ramp down though so I figure that she’s used to the lighting schedule. I hope to see her cruising the tank tomorrow! :)
Did yours cone out just following up seeing if all is well

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are the easiest leopards? my lfs has had a moyers for a hot minute.. real tempting

No such thing although certain varieties tend to do better than others. As mentioned it comes down to picking the right individual fish. One that is active and eating well for a couple of weeks is more likely to do well in the long term regardless of which kind of Leopard it is.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back