Let’s discuss Jebao

  • Thread starter Thread starter srobertb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Curious about it, will look into and see how it differs from Reef-Pi. The nice thing about the Sonoff being reflashed with Tasmota firmware is that it is it's own entity and doesn't need anything else to work. It has it's own GUI that you can setup a WIFI connection, MQTT, dosing schedules, and it even give you the ability to change the GPIO pin configurations (not sure what benefits this serves though). Down side it isn't a simple upload new firmware. You need to have a breakout board, and do some basic soldering to provide the connection to put it in the upload firmware state. Then it is just a simple push via some software on a computer.

But to keep us on topic, I would love to see the ability to reflash the Jebao controller and integrate it with my ecosystem. @snackpack please let me know if you end up going forward with this. I only have the one controller, so I can't just take a plunge and risk taking my return pump out of action. If you get it to a point to where you reflash and it will give basic functionality (stay on @ set speed), I'll do it as well and help where I can.
Sounds good - I've got a few different M series devices I can try on. I'm also going to order a couple MLW-5's for some dead spots in the tank, I'll probably start with one of those since they're by no means critical applications. I'll keep you updated!
 
I have not tried the app again in a year. It was just so bad. I do everything from the controllers. I also just saw there is a new line for gyre not the SCP which kinda sucks because I just bought another gyre SCP pump 2 months ago. I will see if I can try to get wifi working again on them.
If you get stuck on the wifi I can probably help you out, I have as unfriendly of a network to 2.4ghz equipment as you can get while still having that band available and I can get them up without too much trouble. But I work in systems/IT so I've got some dumb tricks up my sleeve.

I set my jebaos up in our main bathroom, wifi signal bottoms put for 5Ghz in there so 2.4 is more discoverable. It's a nice cheat if you can essentially outrange the unusable band if you broadcast both as the same network. 2.4ghz penetrates materials better, usually at least, high end consumer access points I think this may no longer be the case, we use cheaper stuff.
 
Anyone else experiencing trouble with the program function on the app??
I have 2 SXP-120's that I'm trying to program on/off times for, but no combination of attempts gets the program to function.
I basically only have manual control through the app.
I also get the "Device not responding" prompt when messing with the program function.
Maybe this is because my wifi is at 5ghz??
Thanks
Jeremy
 
Anyone else experiencing trouble with the program function on the app??
I have 2 SXP-120's that I'm trying to program on/off times for, but no combination of attempts gets the program to function.
I basically only have manual control through the app.
I also get the "Device not responding" prompt when messing with the program function.
Maybe this is because my wifi is at 5ghz??
Thanks
Jeremy
Once the devices are connected they shouldn't care about 2.4/5ghz. If they're connected at all, then you have 2.4ghz enable so you should be good there.

What issue specifically are you having with getting them programmed? The app is not very intuitive - give some details so we can try to tell what's going on.
 
Anyone else experiencing trouble with the program function on the app??
I have 2 SXP-120's that I'm trying to program on/off times for, but no combination of attempts gets the program to function.
I basically only have manual control through the app.
I also get the "Device not responding" prompt when messing with the program function.
Maybe this is because my wifi is at 5ghz??
Thanks
Jeremy
If you also broadcast 2.4ghz and have it connected it should still work. Whats the 2.4 signal like at the location for the devices?
 
I confirmed my router has the ability to automatically transmit at either 2.4ghz or 5ghz depending on the device frequency.
The problem I'm having is I can't get the app to control via the program function (time on/off schedules).
I've tried all combinations like linking the wave makers and not.
Basically the only control through the app is manual..
Then I get this promt when I try to input schedule on/off
Screenshot_20231115-211809_Jebao Aqua.jpg
 
Once the devices are connected they shouldn't care about 2.4/5ghz. If they're connected at all, then you have 2.4ghz enable so you should be good there.

What issue specifically are you having with getting them programmed? The app is not very intuitive - give some details so we can try to tell what's going on.
None of the programmed time on/off work. The wave makers just go to manual mode.
 
If you also broadcast 2.4ghz and have it connected it should still work. Whats the 2.4 signal like at the location for the devices?
Signal strength is strong with other devices in the area. But I don't know how to view signal strength with the Jaebo's
 
I have an sow-8 and an sow-20 since January 2020. The 8 is still in my sps tabk. The 20 is in the mixing tank as it's too strong for my display. The only issue I ever had was at one point both pumps ere connected to each other to switch on 30 second intervals in my reef and the 20 got stuck off at one point. But I've seen several pumps temporarily jam up when they constantly go on and off. That's when I relocated it to the mixing pump and it has been operational ever since. I unplug it every water change as it's half way up the tank and it always goes back on right away. Just got stuck that one time about a year ago
 
I got the jebao elw power head for my QT and has worked great. I used to use the sicce stream pump and it was so noisey I had to swap it out

Now replacing my noisey vectra M2 with a Jebao MDP-13000. The Vectra was loud at higher speeds. Hope the mdp is quiet too. Was contemplating the sicce sdc 9.0 but afraid of the noise.
 
I’ve had noise from pumps, because an Air Bubble gets caught in the magnetic drive area. Stopping and Starting the pump, or shaking it under water usually solves the problem.
 
My jebao smart crossflow 120 is starting to make a small noise when running at 85%.

I think it might be something internal as it is still making the noise after a 1 hour citric acid bath.

I can only hear it late at night near the tank, but I wonder it it's indicative of wear out. It's been running 3 years non stop now, and I've only cleaned it once before last year.

Still working great and I'll keep it running forever like this, but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on it.
 
Did you have it running in the citric acid bath, or just soaking? I usually run my pumps in the bucket and they tend to quiet down, but gyres are a different animal. Could just be wear.
 
My Jebao MDP-13000 came... i swapped out my vectra M2 which was making too much of a high pitch sound when running over 50%..

I was hopeful the jebao would be quiet... but unforauntely its not quiet.. It has a low hummming sound at above 40%.. Its a different sound compared to the vectra... but I can hear it easily ... HUMMMMMMMMMMMM

Maybe I got a dud?
 
My Jebao MDP-13000 came... i swapped out my vectra M2 which was making too much of a high pitch sound when running over 50%..

I was hopeful the jebao would be quiet... but unforauntely its not quiet.. It has a low hummming sound at above 40%.. Its a different sound compared to the vectra... but I can hear it easily ... HUMMMMMMMMMMMM

Maybe I got a dud?

Take it apart and put it back together paying attention to the impeller, bushings, etc. Also, I've had pumps break in and quiet down after a few days.
 
Hi,

Is it possible to buy a threaded 1.5-inch PVC input adaptor for a few pumps (Jebao MDP-20000) I have? I am mounting pumps externally and do not want to use a slip connection. If possible and available, please provide info on where I can purchase them.

Thank You
Ed
 
McMaster Carr, they are in the PVC Fittings as a BSPT x Slip. BSPT = British Standard Pipe Thread. This is a Non-Tapered Fitting, and requires a Gasket or “O” Ring.
 
McMaster Carr, they are in the PVC Fittings as a BSPT x Slip. BSPT = British Standard Pipe Thread. This is a Non-Tapered Fitting, and requires a Gasket or “O” Ring.
Steve, thanks for the reply... I can't seem to find it on McMaster Carr. This is what I am looking for but with threads...
20260505_083644.jpg
 
1777985380215.png
1777985431447.png
Little hobbie water pumps are a rip-off $399...Large 6.5 HP water pump $289..
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new