Let’s discuss Jebao

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 MDP-20000 and 6 MOW-22 running for a year now in my system and they are doing great, haven’t cleaned them yet still running strong!

For the money they are totally worth it.

Jebao is much better today than the old 2010-2018 powerheads, very strong but they always would seize up on me after 6 months, then I would take them out clean them and repeat or replace.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had that completely removed to make sure and it still wouldnt attach even to a thin ato tank

Just to clarify, you know there are 2 magnets, separate from the powerhead (which is also magnetized) itself, correct?

One outside magnet, one inside magnet, then the pump itself sticks to the inside magnet.

I just tried it, and the tiny little magnets from my ELW-3m stick to my 12mm glass. So the ELW-20m magnets certainly should.

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my jebao pumps, I got 2 of each for my who system total of 14 items, and it was just over$ a new mp60 from echotech. i got 2 of everything so I can have one in service while cleaning the other one, that way I can just swap them ever other month.
I had echotech vectra l2 pump as my return, it have failed on me way to often, I finally had it warrantied and echotech send me brand new one, I sold it in a heartbeat and bought new jebao20000 and its being on for like 6 month no issues now with WAYYYYYYYYY more flow the VectraL2 pump!

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never ran jebao other than a simplicity return pump (which is jebao with a USA warranty?) and it's been silent and reliable with my lazy no cleaning so far in 2 years. How's their latest gyres?

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never ran jebao other than a simplicity return pump (which is jebao with a USA warranty?) and it's been silent and reliable with my lazy no cleaning so far in 2 years. How's their latest gyres?
they work awesome and quiet in my 8ft long tank. just got to clean them often.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mine, but they are a little under rated going by their recomendation. Went with the gyre they recomend for 75G, and it's way too strong, I have to run it 40% at the highest. Running it 13 months and haven't cleaned it yet.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that piece is 100 percent not magnetic on the jecod ordered the jebao and it works perfectly

If you're talking about the rubber piece circled in blue in a picture on the last page of this thread, that's just a rubber cover that goes over the inside magnet. The rubber piece itself is not magnetic, but the magnet you put inside it IS.

As for Jebao/Jecod, again, they are the same company.

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well all I know it this magnet doesn’t even work on this tank let alone 15mm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 25

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran into the same issue with gyre. I decided to put them into my tank but for the most part the reviews for all of them weren’t so good. I figured why spend more if they’re all gonna break, right? I put in some scp 120’s about a year ago. They run great and like clockwork. Short on a few bells and whistles but they run! The simplicity brand has caught my eye too. Do one job and do it well. I don't need a graph on a cloud for everything.

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been running a jebao dct 12000 for over 6 years now, no issue. no cleaning since my first child was born 3 years ago (guess I am one of those lazy persons ;) . used 2 different UV from jebao. first one, my fault, UV burnt through plastic and created a leak. second one was just badly built, started leaking through a joint after 1 year. Fixed issue with good quality epoxy. Many people complain about the sort of black ash that appear on the inside of the cylinder, but never caused me any issue; after 5 years SPS, LPS and inverts have been thriving for a while, and most of my fishes are over 7 years old and healthy. I would recommand their pumps and wavemaker anyday, but not so much for their UV.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No that’s exactly what is on the box elw-20m and it will not stick
Ok, so look at Amazon reviews, run video, same as yours and it sticks. Says fits 60-100g. Usually these close.

Strange, on-line descriptions say “no magnet” so I’m not sure what that means exactly.

Does it not stick at all, or is just weak?
Does it fall from glass?
Do either the pump side magnet or the outside puck attract metal themselves?

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I mean it’s definitely both sides are magnetic just like super weak and idk why people are acting like I’m crazy on here I was just giving honest feedback to what I experienced… nothing against jebao I ordered another set of jebao pumps and they work just fine I have 5 other jebaos as well from my old tank I’m using for mixing

Enchanted Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Jebao return to replace my vectra L2. The best lesson I learned from my vectra L2 dying is that more money doesn’t always mean better equipment. My vectra L2 died about 2.25 years in. Just shy of being in warranty. I was ticked off and went with Jebao thinking it would crap out in a year or so but I’ve had it running for over 3 years now without issues

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im about to get another jebao gyre and see what dual gyres is like.

I haven't had to clean mine yet, and I recently realized the flow it puts off moves a lot more water than I thought. I figured 45 degrees downward from it the flow would be relatively slow conpared to infront of it and the raturning flow on the bottom of the tank, but after having moved some SPS into their final places and glueing them down, I realize that ever part of the water column has good movement.

I thought I would never get this performance out of a cheapo, for $110 I have something I thought I would minimum have to pay $300 for

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I mean it’s definitely both sides are magnetic just like super weak and idk why people are acting like I’m crazy on here I was just giving honest feedback to what I experienced… nothing against jebao I ordered another set of jebao pumps and they work just fine I have 5 other jebaos as well from my old tank I’m using for mixing
Can you take a picture of the magnets? Maybe put a piece of cardboard between them to show what order you're placing them in? I'm not saying you're doing it wrong, but at least it would help clarify. As others have brought up with this style pump there is a specific order to things and with the extra magnet coverings it can get a bit confusing sometimes. Especially since these don't usually come with the best instructions.

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose I could just include pictures of mine.

Inside the tank goes a small magnet. Jebao includes two rubberized covers for this magnet. One to allow you to angle the pump, the other to help the pump sit straight forward. At least they did for the SLW series. Maybe the newer series you have it’s different, but I’d be surprised if it were. The pump then sticks to this magnet.
IMG_7882.jpeg

Then of course the big magnet on the outside of the tank. Holds the internal magnet up.

IMG_7883.jpeg

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol guys, I think @quickreefer has already remediated it and we can call the 1 a deffective unit.

I can't imagine it was working properly if he didn't figure it out.
Maybe I misread then. I was under the impression that the first one was defective, then he got a replacement and that wasn't working for him either.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back