Let’s discuss Jebao

zoolan70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever you save is only short term; you typically end up replacing Jebao equipment within a year or two, so you'd have been better off with a non-knockoff product with better construction, warranty and reliability (not to mention performance).
I've used dozens of Jebao products over the past 10 years and only had to replace one flow pump in all that time. For the price, I can buy 2 or 3 to keep as spares and still come out way ahead over the 'name brand' stuff. I can't speak for everything they make, but I've had great experiences with them.

frydaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had eco tech and jebao’s. Had constant problems with 2 mp40s and replaced them with 4 jebaos 5 years ago. Have better flow, they are quieter, and have not had a single issue with any of them. I’d take a Jebao pump over an eco tech pump any day.

Natural_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao pumps are OK if you are on a budget!
However, the flow rates are not anywhere near the specs.
I was running Jebao DCQ-10000, rated at 2,650GPH. The pump was running at 100% on my tank. Then I purchased the Sicce SDC 9.0, max flow rate specs at 2,500 GPH.
Now i am running the Sicce at 50% (the plumpings are remained the same).
So basically you are getting what you paid for.
That being said, I still have a smaller Jebao running on the back chamber of my redsea after 2 years.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run A Coral Box DCA Smart DC pump 4000 for around 3 years now - no cleaning - no problem. Had a Jebao DCA 4000 for 4 years before - they are the same but the Jebao did nor run with the new Coral Box control box. Switched them because I want to use the new controllers ability to be controlled by 1-10 V. Never have any problems. My skimmer has a Coral Box DCA Smart DC pump 2000 - have been in operation for more than 4 years. the pumps I have as spare parts are still unused.

Only problems I ever had with jebao was the rw series powerheads..several of those didn't last long about 5 years ago.

Yes I agree. These pumps have some of the electronics inside the pump - the new models have not. When I did my tank 7 years ago - I did som special place behind my rocks for the pumps that was actual at that time - it was RW-8. I´m still using them but they only last 1 - 2 years in the way I operate them (0.7 sec on - 0.7 sec of). The newer models is much better

Hopefully I can pick your brain on the 20000’s. Any experience with head height? I’d like it push about 1100gph 12’ up to the display + run a refugium at around 250gph at 2’ up. Think I have a chance?

Sucks Jebao doesn’t post head heights.

Here is the one for DCP 18000 - DCP is a little bit better

1697553491306.png

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mentioned it earlier, but I'll elaborate. I have 1x SLW-30, 2x SLW-20, 2x SLW-10, and 1x DCP-4000 across 4 different tanks. All have been running for 2-4 years, I've never cleaned the DCP and only clean the SLW's when they are full of algae. No issues, no failures.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ignoring the pump or power head brand for a quick minute I have to say I don't understand the "I haven't cleaned or I've never cleaned" XYZ pump in X number of years, no failures mantra.

Is that like a badge of honor? To me it seems more like being lazy or an incorrect installation or worse yet a failure point. Regardless of water quality there will be build up over time of film or other forms of life that will reduce pump efficiency. Its like not changing a cars oil, or rotating tires, or replacing air filters, or draining a water heater in ones home. There are things that reduce efficiency and to me it seems like a no brainer to clean periodically.

But hey - we are all different so to each their own.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't typically replace stuff with Jebao just for the sake of changing. My IM tanks came with MightyJet pumps and, as they have failed on me, I've replaced them with Jebao.

Jebao makes some of the smallest, lowest flow wavemakers there are. As a nano tank guy, that's important to me, so I've purchased a few for that reason.

Now I'm at the point that if I need a new pump for a new build or replacement, I just go Jebao. The new controllers and app give you everything anyone else has, and the pumps have been solid for me, some of them for 4+ years now.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ignoring the pump or power head brand for a quick minute I have to say I don't understand the "I haven't cleaned or I've never cleaned" XYZ pump in X number of years, no failures mantra.

Is that like a badge of honor? To me it seems more like being lazy or an incorrect installation or worse yet a failure point. Regardless of water quality there will be build up over time of film or other forms of life that will reduce pump efficiency. Its like not changing a cars oil, or rotating tires, or replacing air filters, or draining a water heater in ones home. There are things that reduce efficiency and to me it seems like a no brainer to clean periodically.

But hey - we are all different so to each their own.
It speaks to the reliability and ease of use. If we are questioning the quality and dependability of a product, then these comments are relevant.

"That product is junk and will break"

"I've abused it and it's still going strong"

Pat on the back for you for keeping your equipment clean.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It speaks to the reliability and ease of use. If we are questioning the quality and dependability of a product, then these comments are relevant.

"That product is junk and will break"

"I've abused it and it's still going strong"

Well I'd wager neither one of us has data to prove their theory. I'm pretty sure you don't have flow rates of a newly opened box vs the same pump running 6, 12, 18, or 24 months later without ever being touched and left alone.

Pat on the back for you for keeping your equipment clean.

Seems you took something I said as a personal attack or that I'm squeaky clean. I'm not. I just found the post(s) rather interesting. My personal experience is different for many reasons one of which I tried the lazy approach and letting things run without inspection or cleaning. In the example below you can clearly see a film or layer of things mixed in with Strombus grazer snails making it through the intake. They lay eggs, young eat the film or algae bits, they grow, and at some point get sucked in and block the impeller. This pump was running without a hitch as far as I could visibly see but I do know after the fact that the flow rate was lower for this reason. After cleaning, well, it was noticeably better. Extreme example I know but remove the snails and the film will still be there or sponges or who knows what.

As I noted at the end of my post - we are all different and to each their own.

Edit: also it doesn't matter to me what sort of equipment hobbyist run which is why I left brands out of my post.

1697560232397.png

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just find it hard to believe you cannot fathom how not cleaning pumps regularly might be relevant to a thread about said pumps reliability over time. You called it a failure point, but don't understand the relevance?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"It's not a badge of honor, it's laziness, but to each their own!"

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just find it hard to believe you cannot fathom how not cleaning pumps regularly might be relevant to a thread about said pumps reliability over time. You called it a failure point, but don't understand the relevance?

Same way you can drive a car without doing an oil change or ever looking at fluid levels. It will run until one day it doesn't.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"It's not a badge of honor, it's laziness, but to each their own!"

Which is what I already stated. So we agree on something.

Edit: the part about to each their own. I don't need to call anyone lazy or names.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're basing this on what exactly? The people I know who've tried Jebao feel like most are glorified paperweights and ended up replacing them with something more dependable. On the other hand, everyone I know with Vortechs and Radions hasn't had any issues (other than Mobius).

I've yet to meet anyone who runs Vortechs that doesn't like them and sing its praises (well, except for maybe the price).

I don't think that's true, I haven't had one die yet and 3 of them are a few years old.

I mean, as far as replacing them goes I can buy 4 to 5 of the same size for the price of one for vortech specifically.

Also there are currnt threads on here of complaints on the mp line, and I know people that have switched away from them.

There has to be more reasons than that.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao pumps are OK if you are on a budget!
However, the flow rates are not anywhere near the specs.
I was running Jebao DCQ-10000, rated at 2,650GPH. The pump was running at 100% on my tank. Then I purchased the Sicce SDC 9.0, max flow rate specs at 2,500 GPH.
Now i am running the Sicce at 50% (the plumpings are remained the same).
So basically you are getting what you paid for.
That being said, I still have a smaller Jebao running on the back chamber of my redsea after 2 years.
Is this the case? I bought an mow 16 and eveb though it's recomended for 4ft it was way too strong. I had to make it my salt mixer.

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had two of the jebao elw-20m delivered and the magnet is no where near string enough to hold it on my tank in fact it won’t even hold it on rhe ato tank and it’s a 1/4 of the thickness

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had two of the jebao elw-20m delivered and the magnet is no where near string enough to hold it on my tank in fact it won’t even hold it on rhe ato tank and it’s a 1/4 of the thickness
Kinda feel like I got scammed on Amazon bc the box in the corner where it says jebao is says jecod

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao = Jecod. Idk why they go both names though.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 87 79.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back