Let’s discuss Jebao

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea why the magnets are so weak ? Says under 15 mm my tank is 13mm and it won’t even hold on my ato
Frankly never had that problem, so I couldn't tell ya. But when I do run into that issue with other stuff, I buy some stackable magnets from Amazon and place them on the dryside of the magnet.

Screenshot_20231020-184841.png

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think the wife would go for that got this absolutely gorgeous tank and gonna have 4 inches of magnets sticking out… I’m just confused as to why the magnet is so weak it’s suppose to be 2k gallons per hour

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a sicce wifi 6 pump that was loud and never seemed to quiet down. Socce sent a replacement impeller and then pump, but the issue remained. I purchased a jebao for less than a third of the price of the sicce and it has been silent since day one. Only about a year into ownership of it, but no issues so far. Honestly, even if I have to replace the pump befire the sicce would have failed, the silence is worth it and I can buy 3 for the price of one sicce.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think the wife would go for that got this absolutely gorgeous tank and gonna have 4 inches of magnets sticking out… I’m just confused as to why the magnet is so weak it’s suppose to be 2k gallons per hour
That isn't normal if it really is jebao, I would contact them. My magnets have been overpowered. I've never had to reach out to them, lets find out what they can do.

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That isn't normal if it really is jebao, I would contact them. My magnets have been overpowered. I've never had to reach out to them, lets find out what they can do.
I just returned them to Amazon and bought dif jebaos let’s hope they work this time

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea why the magnets are so weak ? Says under 15 mm my tank is 13mm and it won’t even hold on my ato
I wonder if the magnet is cracked. Its rare but can happen. I dropped a magnet on the floor once and went to put it back on and noticed that it wouldn't stay like before. I have a few extras laying around so I popped one of the extras on. After looking at the magnet closer I decided to open it up and found the actual magnet broken.

Edit: Also out of the Jebao pumps that I own, the "Nero" style pumps seem to have the weakest magnets for whatever reason. Can't say I've tried them on 1/2" glass but they have been just fine for me. I can put the magnets on each side of my hand and they will hold. My hand is definitely thicker than 1/2"

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if the magnet is cracked. Its rare but can happen. I dropped a magnet on the floor once and went to put it back on and noticed that it wouldn't stay like before. I have a few extras laying around so I popped one of the extras on. After looking at the magnet closer I decided to open it up and found the actual magnet broken.

Edit: Also out of the Jebao pumps that I own, the "Nero" style pumps seem to have the weakest magnets for whatever reason. Can't say I've tried them on 1/2" glass but they have been just fine for me. I can put the magnets on each side of my hand and they will hold. My hand is definitely thicker than 1/2"
Ya idk decided not to mess with it and ordered other they wouldn’t even hold on my ato which is like less than 1/4

snackpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running two MLW-30, one MCP-120, and an MDP-20000

They've all been fantastic. Amazed honestly at how silent the MCP is. Wifi can be tricky to get connected the first time, but once it's connected it's bulletproof.

I'm planning, at some point, of attempting to flash Esphome or Tasmota to one of the controllers to play around with.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all Jebao wavemakers OW-25, SW-8 and 4 gyres.
They mount without problem on 19mm glass.

Must be some issue with yours.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had two of the jebao elw-20m delivered and the magnet is no where near string enough to hold it on my tank in fact it won’t even hold it on rhe ato tank and it’s a 1/4 of the thickness
You mean SLW-20
Will hold on almost twice as much glass as yours.
If these are true SLW-20, then 10mm is the max.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be sure that there is no misunderstandings how to mount the pump. The part that is in red in this figure can be taken away from the pump and it is the part that should be on the outside - dry side of the glass. Note the rubber damping - black arrow

1698000657272.png

This part - in blue - can be placed between the pump and the inside of the glas in order to tilt the pump. Both are magnetic
1698000107570.png

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

<*]]]<

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three pumps in my system right now are jebao. I have had 0 issues, other than the plastic cover over the controllers microswitch on 1 powerhead cracking.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.6%
Back