Lethargic snowflake eel not eating

  • Thread starter Thread starter cmdrmlz62
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cmdrmlz62

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2025
Messages
24
Reaction score
9
Location
virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help and/or advice. I have a cycled 210 salt tank with a snowflake eel that has been a great eater until the last 7-10 days. He’s not eating, lethargic and gulping. I also have a Niger trigger with white spots in him and I have been treating him and the other fish (panther grouper and disjardini sailfin tang) with metroplex, kannaplex and focus seachem chemical cocktail in their frozen food. The trigger is looking better but the eel isn’t. Not sure if it all related or not. Grouper and sailfin seem amd look perfectly fine. Open to suggestions.
 
Hi


They to feed it with live food because if there's a disease in the tank then it could affect the eel in ways we don't comprehend yet. Feeding with garlic always works for me (mixing the food with minced garlic).


Regards,
 
Hi


They to feed it with live food because if there's a disease in the tank then it could affect the eel in ways we don't comprehend yet. Feeding with garlic always works for me (mixing the food with minced garlic).


Regards,
 
Hi


They to feed it with live food because if there's a disease in the tank then it could affect the eel in ways we don't comprehend yet. Feeding with garlic always works for me (mixing the food with minced garlic).


Regards,
Thank you BlueNem. I add garlic, multivitamin and vita c in their frozen food too.
 
I need some help and/or advice. I have a cycled 210 salt tank with a snowflake eel that has been a great eater until the last 7-10 days. He’s not eating, lethargic and gulping. I also have a Niger trigger with white spots in him and I have been treating him and the other fish (panther grouper and disjardini sailfin tang) with metroplex, kannaplex and focus seachem chemical cocktail in their frozen food. The trigger is looking better but the eel isn’t. Not sure if it all related or not. Grouper and sailfin seem amd look perfectly fine. Open to suggestions.
Please refrain from cross posting as it takes away from others who too are seeking answers to their concerns and your other post has been answered.
 
Please in other thread post video of eel under bright white light intensity
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new